Chapter 19

Chapter 19: We're in MALFOY MANOR?

" Draco. I need to talk to you. Right now." Hermione said as she emerged from the corner with Ginny behind her.

"What is it?" Draco asked anxiously as Hermione grabbed his arm and dragged him to her room, not caring that Harry, Ron, and Ginny were still in the living room. 

" Harry told the ministry that you kidnapped me and the ministry wants you in Azkaban because firstly, they think you kidnapped me and secondly, don't forget that you were a death eater. They would love to have a great reason to arrest you. Oh and he also told the ministry that we're in Malfoy Manor. But that's not true, right? We're not in Malfoy Manor. Right?" Hermione asked with a nervous laugh at the end as she looked at Draco's horrified face.

" Actually, this is Malfoy Manor. I just re-painted and redecorated it." Draco said.

" We're in MALFOY MANOR?" Hermione shouted.

" If I had it my way, we would be far from here. But apparently, before my mother died, she used most of our family riches to bail Lucius out of Azkaban because she couldn't live without him and she believed he had changed. The ministry, in desperate need of money, took it and Lucius was released. I didn't want to waste money buying another house so I just... re-did this one to make it look new and... not like Malfoy Manor. " Draco said quietly.

" Oh, Draco...What do we do now? How did Harry even know that this was Malfoy Manor?" Hermione said, tears streaming down her cheeks. Draco gripped her shoulders tightly, speaking to her in what he hoped was a reassuring tone.

" We'll find a way out of this mess. I promise..."

-----------------------

A/N*

Hey guys. Thank you for over 1K views!!!! I love you guys! Yesterday was my birthday and this is like, the best present ever!!! It's still hard to believe the number of reads I have received cause when I first started, I didn't even think it would hit even a hundred views!!! Thank you and you guys really made my day!!! :)