Chapter 12

Chapter 12: What's wrong?

"Hey." He heard a voice acknowledge him. He turned, expecting to see Astoria but instead saw Hermione.

He quickly put away the cup of butterbeer and turned to look at Hermione's petite figure.

Her eyes were red and Draco could tell that she had been crying.

"What's wrong?" Draco asked. He was confused and worried at Hermione's appearance.

Hermione suddenly broke down into tears. "What's wrong?" Draco asked again but Hermione just shook her head.

"It'll be alright...whatever it is...it's fine if you don't want to talk about it." Draco comforted Hermione, pulling her into a hug.

Hermione laid her head on his chest and cried loudly while Draco patted her back, holding her in his steady arms.

When Draco heard the crying had stop, he realised she was asleep and carried her, bridal style, back to her room.

When he was just about to leave, he felt a cold and small hand close around his wrist.

"Don't go..." Hermione moaned softly.

Draco looked at Hermione and sighed. He took a chair and sat beside her bed, taking hold of her hand.

" Granger..." Draco whispered, knowing that he had a lot of work to do.

" Please?" Hermione requested quietly. Draco's features softened at Hermione's pleading look.

"I won't go." Draco said and he saw Hermione relax.

Soon, Draco drifted to sleep, the sound of Hermione's steady breathing ringing in his ears.