Chapter 31

Chapter 31:  Cause I don't ever want to see you again.

"You lied to me!" Hermione shouted at Draco. Hermione had left after Ron had insulted her and said that she and Draco were never meant to be.

Now Hermione and Draco were standing in Draco's apartment, alone. Hermione was packing her belongings while Draco was pleading with her to believe him.

"Maybe he was right." Hermione mumbled, thinking of Ron's words.

"Please, Hermione... I love you. Really." Draco was trying hard to hold back his tears as Hermione shook her head slowly.

"I don't want to hear it, Draco! You lied to me! Remember that time, when you asked me if I would go to Hogsmeade with you... you said that it was almost Christmas but it wasn't! Its far from Christmas!Why did you actually want to go there? When we were there, you said you were going to Flourish and Blotts! Flourish and Blotts is in Diagon Alley! Where did you actually go? Please! This is another one of your lies, isn't it? Stop lying! I don't want to hear your lies anymore!" Hermione cried.

She was a wet mess. Her eyes were red, her mascara was smudged from crying and tears were still flowing from her eyes like a never ending river.

"There was a moment where I wanted to believe that you weren't like you used to be. That you weren't the old Draco Malfoy that I used to know. But no, you still were. I wanted myself to believe that this wasn't another one of your lies. That our love was real. But I guess that this isn't a fairytale. You didn't actually change. And I fell for you because of a bet. I don't even know how I fell for you." Hermione took a deep breath before she continued.

"Maybe it was when you offered to let me stay in your house, not caring what your wife would say. Or maybe it was when you stood up for me after I got insulted by Ron. Maybe it was the thought that you had given up your past self and put away our differences for me."  Hermione paused from shouting, her voice breaking.

Her mind felt numb and unable to force any words out of her mouth but her heart did the talking instead.

"I want to hate you so much right now, Malfoy, I want to hate myself for ever falling in love with you but I just can't." Hermione said. Her voice was merely a whisper as she threw her things into her bag and walked to the door.

Draco looked at Hermione and saw her hurt.
her pain.
her sorrow.

Draco wanted to do something to make her feel better.

Anything.

Even if it was just a pat on her back.
Or a hug.

He wanted to make her feel loved.
To tell her that she meant the world to him.

He just wanted to be able to love her without these problems in between them.

He loved her.
That was all he wanted her to know.

Was it too much to ask?

Draco looked at Hermione as Hermione took another deep breath.

"Bye. Don't bother looking for me. Cause I don't ever want to see you again."