Chapter 28

Chapter 28: I can't trust you anymore...

" Harry? How did Remus give you that spell? In the marauder's map?" Hermione questioned.

" I don't know..." Harry said, giving a blank expression.

" I think it's because the marauders... they charmed it to... umm... help you out, Harry... You see, when Remus realised that he might die in the war,he told me that the marauders had charmed the map to help any future descendants of them... like, you know, you being Prong's son and all..." Ginny stammered.

" I didn't know that." Harry blinked.

"That's so sweet of the marauders!" Hermione smiled but the moment was interrupted by some voices.

" Here's your 100 galleons. Another 100 when you break up with her.... man... I didn't think that you'll actually be able to trick Granger into thinking that she's in love with you...Well, you win the bet." a voice said before laughing.

Hermione recognized that as Pansy Parkinson's squeaky voice. Ginny saw that Hermione had a cold expression on her face.

They turned and saw Draco with Pansy, his back turned to them. Pansy smirke d at Draco.

"No way." Draco said.

" What did you say?" Pansy asked, staring at Draco as if he had just grown another head.

"I'm not going to break up with her." Draco said through his gritted teeth.

" Have you fallen for the mud-" Pansy sneered but looked right behind Draco at something else.

Draco turned and saw Hermione pointing her wand at him.

" You... You... I can't believe you got me to like you on a bet." Hermione said quietly, with venom lining her words. She hissed the word 'like' as if it was poison.

" Hermione... no, it's a misunderstanding... I actually do like you... no... don't be mad..." Draco said, glaring at Pansy. Hermione closed her eyes and sighed.

" I can't trust you anymore..."