Chapter 20

Chapter 20: You have to go back home.

" Draco... We should run away from them... hide from the ministry." Hermione said after thinking for a while.

" You have to go back home. They're after me, not you. You would be better off without me." Draco said and Hermione opened her mouth to protest but Draco held up a hand, silencing her.

" Go back home. I will never be able to give you a future, but Weasley can give you one. I will hide from the ministry and do what I can not to get caught. Just promise me you'll be happy." Draco said, his grey eyes meeting Hermione's brown ones.

" I won't. I won't be happy unless I go with you. Please, Draco. Take me with you. Ron won't be able to give me happiness. Not ever. All I desire is to be with you. Take me with you... Please." Hermione pleaded, tears blurring her vision.

" Can't you see that your life would be ruined if I'm in it? I love you, Hermione. I know that you're a fighter. I just... can't let you risk your life for me. If you aren't going to let me go, I'll have to make you." Draco said and Hermione widened her eyes.

A single tear escaped from Draco's eye as he whispered the spell before he could change his mind.

" I'm so sorry..." he started crying, the wand in his hand shaking. He fell silent as he steadied his wand hand, closing his eyes.

" Obliviate."