Chapter 2

Chapter 2: Leaving Ron

"I'm home!" Hermione called out as she opened the door to her apartment. As she stepped into the living room, a monstrous sight greeted her as she held back her tears.

" Lavender...I love you." Ronald Weasley mumbled in between rough kisses." Won won...I love you more..." a drunk Lavender said as she giggled rather loudly, pushing herself even closer towards Ron.

"RONALD BILIUS WEASLEY! WHAT IN MERLIN'S NAME ARE YOU DOING?" Hermione screamed as she shot daggers at Ron.

The pair sat upright and Hermione saw that Lavender's lipstick was smudged, her shirt was lopsided, revealing her left collarbone and her hair was messed up. She was sitting on Ron's lap, her right arm around Ron's neck and her left on Ron's chest. her legs were on either side of Ron, straddling him while Ron was cradling Lavender's cheek.

Ron then began to giggle at Hermione's words. " Someone's getting jealous..." He said in a sing song voice. "HOW DARE YOU DO THIS TO ME? AND JUST A WEEK BEFORE OUR WEDDING TOO!" Hermione shouted at Ron, not allowing the tears in her eyes escape, before storming out of the apartment.

Hermione went to the Shrieking Shack as it was quieter. Tears spilled out of her eyes and she rested her head in her ice cold hands, her drink becoming cold in her hands." Why?" She kept asking herself a question she had no answer to.

She began crying her eyes out, not even noticing the sound of footsteps as someone walked towards her, sitting beside her.

" G...Granger?" A voice asked. Hermione didn't even have to look before she knew who the familiar boyish voice belonged to.

" Go away Malfoy." She said, not caring to look at the man. " Granger...please... tell me what's wrong..." Draco pleaded in a quiet mutter.

The way Draco said her name, was as if he cared about her... Really, truly, cared for her. It was the way sound of her name escaped Draco's lips that calmed her down slightly.

Hermione looked away from him and she could see his reflection in the window in front of her. Draco looked...different. Somehow, she felt safe around him, as if she could trust him.

" Ron." Hermione mumbled as Draco's face morphed into an expression of pure confusion.

" Stop thinking about him, Hermione. He's just a ferret who has always insulted you. You can't trust him." Hermione told herself, trying to be strict with herself but failing miserably. Yet at that moment, she felt like she had absolutely nothing more to lose.

Taking a deep breath, she slowly turned to Draco. She looked into his eyes and saw that he was not like the Malfoy she knew before... She felt as if he was a whole other person. He had genuine concern and worry in his eyes and Hermione knew she could trust Draco.

"Well..."