Chapter 4

Chapter 4: Are you Leaving me?

Hermione let go of Draco's arm as she saw his mansion. It was dark green but the flowers in the hedges of the garden were red roses. Red is a beautiful color, Hermione thought.

Draco took out his wand and whispered a spell that was foreign to Hermione. The gates suddenly opened and Hermione saw Astoria Greengrass standing at the front door, clearly waiting for Draco.

Draco walked briskly towards his wife and gave her a hug. Astoria tried to kiss him but he pulled away from the hug too quickly for Astoria to be able to do so, something both Astoria and Hermione noticed.

Hermione walked past the gates nervously and Astoria noticed her. Astoria gave Hermione a smile which Hermione returned.

"Hello! You must be Hermione Granger! I saw you in the daily prophet before! How wonderful it is to have you here! Please, go inside! I'll show you the guest room!" Astoria said too brightly.

Hermione nodded, letting Astoria's exaggerated cheerfulness slip and followed Draco to a room which had red walls in it.

" Red. The color of Gryffindor." Hermione thought.

" How could Astoria be okay with that?" Hermione asked herself.

Thinking about Astoria made her blood burn. "It must be the Ron thing affecting me. I can't be jealous or anything about Astoria right?" Hermione mumbled to herself.

She was alone in the room and she saw that there was a king-sized bed.

She sat down on it and exhaustion got the better of her. After all, she didn't get much sleep the last few days and she was tired thinking about Ron too.

-

" What is it, Astoria?" Draco asked irritably as Astoria pulled him roughly by the arm into their bedroom.

"What is the meaning of this? What is the meaning of bringing a girl into my house? I'm your wife! How can you bring a girl into my house?" Astoria asked, her green eyes burning with anger.

" Look. She was upset and the least I could do was to help her. Don't you understand?" Draco shot back, trying to hold back his anger.

"Do you love her? Don't you love me? Why her, Drake? Why? She's a mudblood!" Astoria screamed the last word.

"Don't you dare call her that! And yes, I do love her! I have never loved you and you never seemed to get the hint. I only married you so that my parents wouldn't hurt her and I know for a fact that you only married me for my money. Honestly, you don't even know who I am. You don't know me. I love Granger. " Draco muttered the last part before he turned, walking to the door. As he was about to turn the doorknob, Astoria's hoarse voice rang out.

"Are you leaving me? For...her?" Astoria asked, tears rolling down her cheeks. "Yes. It's time I stopped listening to my parents and made my own choices, Greengrass." Draco said in a quiet voice before leaving Astoria alone, standing in the middle of the room.