Chapter 5

Chapter 5: Will you go to Hogsmeade with me?

Draco stomped into the guest room, unaware that Hermione was sleeping.

 When he saw Hermione on the bed, he sighed. Hermione looked so peaceful as if all her problems just vanished. For a precious second, Draco was at bliss as he looked at Hermione as if all his thoughts disappeared just as her peacefulness caught him in its web, promising and assuring him that everything was going to be fine.

 But as Draco came back to reality, he knew that he would never be able to be with her whilst the wizarding world thought he was still a death eater. Even so, a part of him was disagreeing, rebelling against the simple truth.

 "Granger...wake up." Draco shook Hermione gently and Hermione stirred.

"Malfoy? Are you okay? You look a little... pale. Paler than usual." Hermione asked as she woke up and saw Draco's pale face.

 "I'm fine... I was just wondering if you would go to Hogsmeade with me tomorrow. Cause Christmas is coming and I have to buy some presents. I'm sure you would have to buy presents for Weaslette and Potter too." Draco shrugged and at that moment, Hermione was grateful that Draco didn't mention Ron.

 "It's Christmas soon? I totally forgot! Thanks for reminding me and yes, I would like to go to Hogsmeade with you." Hermione smiled warmly at Draco before chuckling.

 "What is it?" Draco asked, wondering what was so funny.

 "Nothing... just never thought you would actually have anyone to buy presents for." Hermione said innocently, trying to keep a straight face.

Draco scowled at that remark before wishing Hermione a good night and going to bed.