Chapter 16

Chapter 16: I went looking for you...

Hermione's Flashback*

Taking slow steps into the Shrieking Shack and my eyes widened as they landed on the sight of Draco and Astoria talking with Astoria being all over him.

Draco wasn't even pushing her away as she had her hands all over him.How is it possible that he fell in love with her overnight? Unless... a love potion? Definitely.

Even though I knew Draco was influenced by a love potion, it hurt to see him talking to Astoria.

It was pain beyond pain and I couldn't take it anymore. As I immediately apparated back to the apartment, I started to pack my things.

As I saw a picture of Draco in the room, I just broke down and started crying, holding the picture in my hands, seeing my teardrops drop onto it.

The Draco in the picture was smiling softly and blowing kisses to me. How I wished that was real life... but life doesn't just give you what you want.

You have to pay the price for everything and this was the price that I had to pay for stealing Draco from Astoria- Draco influenced by a love potion.

Flashback over*

" A galleon for your thoughts?" Draco asked Hermione, interrupting Hermione's train of thoughts.

Hermione thought of the flashback she had just gotten and took a deep breath.

She looked up into Draco's eyes and could tell that he really cared about her.

" I went looking for you, you know," Hermione mumbled.

" I saw you with Astoria and it...it hurt me so much," Hermione said and Draco wrapped his arms around her tightly.

"Was that what you were thinking?" Draco asked and Hermione nodded slowly, not trusting herself to speak for the fear that her voice would crack and she would burst out crying again.

"Granger, I love you and I've changed. I'm not that jerk I used to be anymore. I will never fall for Astoria and you know that. Never loved her and never will." Draco said confidently.

Hermione smiled as she and Draco looked at each other, staring deeply into each other's eyes, communicating without any sound.

This is usually the moment where the silence is broken by the guy kissing the girl but in this case, the silence was broken by gates of the apartment exploding.                  

" What was that?" Hermione asked in a shaky voice. Draco went to see what the commotion was about and gasped.

"Oh."