✨47✨

Kimora POV:

"About damn time" I sighed as the special investigator came out with some papers. We had been waiting in this damn waiting room for an hour and a half.

"Kimora Phillipeź?" He asked

I nodded.

"That's me"

"I have some good news and some bad news..." I hated when people said that shit, like the fact that there's bad news usually overrules the good news, stupidest shit I hear a lot.

I nodded.

"We were able to identify the suspect using DNA samples from the mask, however...we are unable to locate his whereabouts. Does this man look familiar to you" he said holding up an image of a buff black guy.

I shook my head as tears ran down my face.

I felt Cory pull me into him. I cried in his chest as the detective just stood there looking stupid.

"He's a previous offender, he did 3 years for armed robbery and sexual assault..."

"Sss-exual assault?!" I chocked on my words.

"Yes miss Ph..."

"You mean to tell me that my 5 year old is in the hands of a man who has sexually assaulted someone, no this isn't happening, this cannot be happening...this is a joke...this is-"

"-Kimora, ca- I mean let's not think of the worse aight?"

I felt my phone vibrating, it was Chris. I declined the call and put the phone back into my back pocket.

"You should really answer it, it could be something important" he said as I sighed. He was right.

I felt my phone vibrate again, I quickly pulled it outta my pocket and answered.

Phone Convo:

Me: *sniffs* hello.
Chris: I know where he is
Me: wait what?
Chris: you heard what I said Kimora, imma get to LA as soon as I can, they sent me a photo with Dre in it. I realised that they took his iPad and it's on. I used the find my iPhone app, cuz I linked it with mine and I have a location.

I was kinda speechless, part of me was happy and hopeful and the other part of me was sacred, doubtful and pessimistic.

Chris: you ain't gon say nothing.

Me: I dunno what you want me to say, just send me the address, I'm gonna tell the special agent about all of this...

Chris: wait Kimora...look I'm sor-

End of convo

I hung up the phone before he could apologise. I honestly wasn't in the mood to be hearing his apologies, he made it very clear how he felt about me and my "hoeing"

**********
Chris POV:

We found ourselves driving to LA, we've currently been driving foe 3 hours, I been thinking about all the shit imma do to whoever is doing this shit.

I didn't even notice that a tear had rolled down my cheek. I quickly wiped it away before continuing to focus on the road.