✨28✨

Two weeks later

Chris POV:

Okay so Chris, Maleah. What  colour scheme are the both of you thinking about?" The wedding planner asked us as I looked over Maleah.

"We were thinking Champagne gold and royal blue" Maleah answered causing the woman to nod.

"Okay and venues? Have you looked at any places?"

"Umm no actually not yet, but we're going to soon, right babe?" Maleah said looking over as me.

"Umm, yeah yeah" I said not really engaging in the conversation, I was honestly so tired. I've been up in the studio working on some new shit and today's the only day I have off this week and Maleah dragged my ass up to this wedding planning place. Apparently they planned Ne-yo's wedding and she said it was real nice.

I felt my phone buzzing and Kimora was face timing me, it was obviously Dre waning to talk to me.

"Ummm sorry I got a business call can I?..." I said looking over at the woman.

"Yeah yeah sure of course, yeah go ahead" I stood up and made my way outside. Yeah I lied I honestly didn't feel like being questioned by Maleah.

Me: hey
Dre: hey dad
Me: you good?
Dre: aha *he just stares at me*
Me: did you just wanna see my face?
Dre: yeah, I miss you dad, when you gonna come back?
Me: I miss you too lil man and did you forget that y'all are coming to visit me, grandma and aunt Simi next week?
Dre: oh yeah!! *he gets excited*
Me: Aight where's yo mama?
Kimora: she's here
Me: you Aight?
Kimora: *nods*
Me: Aight I gotta go now lil man, but I'll call you when I get home okay?
Dre: okay dad, bye
Me: bye luh you
Dre: luh you too

***

Kimora POV:

It's been two weeks since Dre's seen Chris and ever single day he asks about Chris. Maybe moving to LA wasn't the best thing to do. I mean he likes it here and so do it, but he really misses his dad. Is this fair on him?

"Okay boy it's Friday, you've done all your homework, what you wanna do?"

"Hmmm, where uncle Kye?" He asked.

"Well he said he's going to the gym and meeting up with a friend"

"Oh, well can we go to the movies?"

"Sure babe, you got an idea of what film you wanna watch?"

I was interrupted by my phone buzzing indicating I got a text. I unlocked my phone and scrolled through my messages. I got on from Cory!

Cory- hey you busy?

I sighed.

Me- I'm taking Dre to the movies, you and Ella should come

Ella is Cory's niece. I think his brothers daughter. He told me about her on our date and we said that we would take Dre and her out for a play date soon, nows a good time.

Cory- oh cool, yh

I sent him the time of the movie and address of the place before locking my phone.

"Dre?"

"Yes mama?"

"You remember Cory?"