Telling him about my ex #17

Charlotte pov:

"I'm sorry grayson I can't fall for you" I said with tears in my eyes.
"Why not" he said sadly.
"Beacuse I was told never to fall for anyone. Because everything that fall gets broken." I say
"Well I promise not to break you ok" he said assuring me.
"That's exactly what he said"
"Who?" Grayson questions.
"My ex" I continued "he told me that he wouldn't break me and that is exactly what he did. I can't go through it again"
"What happened" he asked if looked at him dead In the eye and started to explain,

"Well I was a freshman in high school and I was in love with the idea of love, I was your typical highschool girl. One day a new boy came to school he sat next to me in class.

He always flirted with me he made me feel special. As much as I wanted to be loved I gotta stick with what I was told that I should never fall for anyone. Because whatever falls gets broken. I even told him that but he said he wouldn't break me. So I let him in. And boy did I regret it." I said looking up at grayson.

"Go on" he said. I took a deep breath then held graysons hand interlocking our fingers. And carried on.

"After about 2 years of the relationship we went to a party we came together. I went to get us drinks and then we danced a little I wanted another drink so I went to the kitchen and I came back I couldn't see him. I looked around nothing I dreaded going upstairs but I did u opened a door 2 random people were having sex.

I opened another door and saw my boyfriend having sex with my best friend since kindergarten. They saw me. I was frozen. His little drunk ass came up to me and asked me to join in. I was still frozen. He started to speak saying stuff like I'm sorry then he said this isn't the first time. Meaning they have had sex before.

So me being all sad, angry and curious I asked how many times and when it first started. And he said month after we started going out. So basically 1yr and 11months. Not only did I lose my boyfriend but my best friend.

You see grayson I had fallen for a boy who had no intention of catching me. That is why it cannot happen again. As much as I like you and want to be with you I am not ready to feel that amount of pain again. I'm sorry" I sniffed and I had watery eyes.

I so badly wanted to be with him I just couldn't be " Charlotte I promise i will never do anything like that to you.... I love you" he said and my eyes widened did he just say that and he seemed so genuine as well I mean not even my ex said that to me and we had been together for 2yrs.

I trusted grayson. I believe him when he says that he would break me and when he says that he loves me. To be honest I don't really have an option not to fall for him because you see I already have.