Chapter 29

MILES

I sat by my desk grading papers, my class was over so I had some free time to get things done. There was a knock on the door I called to tell the person to come in. Lia walked through the door and towards my desk, she sat down on the chair in front of it.

"What do you want?", I asked.

"I came to tell you that I'm leaving. I'm going back to home, I think I've done enough damage here. I know this may seem out of character of me but I'm sorry Miles", she said giving me a soft smile.

Sorry?

"I met someone while I was here and he's sweet and loving. He made me look at things differently, he's from back home and I don't know...I kinda wanna start my life again and I want it to be with him. I realize how much I've put you and Anna through. I don't know what I was thinking or doing, I guess I was hurt that you left and found someone else here.", she sighed. "I know that I can't stay here, I have to move on with my life. You and her are having a baby", She smiled softly.

I stood quiet.

"A baby that's a big deal, you two loved each other so much you created another life. I didn't want to hurt you or her, I was just upset. I was wrong. I'm sorry, but I'm leaving tonight. I just wanted to come and apologize", she said.

I looked at her, she seemed genuine about it. I sat up in my chair clearing my throat.

"I don't think I'm the one who you should be apologizing to", I replied. "And it's already too late for you to want to change everything, Anna doesn't want me anymore.", I said.

Lia sat there with a small frown on her face.

"I'll fix it", she said getting up. "Goodbye Miles", she said.

"Goodbye Lia", I replied and watched her walk out of my classroom.

•••

ANNA

"Look at this!", I said in awe holding up and onesie so Zoey could see.

"Cute!", Zoey said taking it from me.

Since we didn't know the gender of the baby yet we decided to look at unisex clothes. Zoey and I couldn't wait to go shopping for the baby and we didn't want to wait we saw too many cute things.

Once we finished shopping we went and hung out around the campus, we sat on a bench and ate some food we picked up. I looked around and my eyes landed on someone I hated. Lia. She was walking out of Miles's class room.

"Lia is walking out of his class", I said to Zoey, she looked and rolled her eyes.

"Ugh, just forget about them you don't need either of them.", Zoey said.

"She saw me and now she's walking over here", I said turning my face and body away from her.

"Anna", Lia said.

I sighed before turning to her, she gave me a soft smile.

"I just finished talking to Miles. Anna, I want to apologize about everything. I was upset and jealous and I shouldn't have been. I'm leaving tonight to go back home and I won't bother you or Miles again. You guys are having a baby and that's a huge step in your lives and I don't want to get in the way of that", she said.

"Lia, Miles and I are done. I appreciate you coming to apologize.", I replied.

Lia gave me a small nod. "Congratulations on the baby and good luck. You're going to be an amazing mother", Lia said before turning around and walking away.

I turned to Zoey and she had her eyebrows furrowed.

"She came to apologize?", Zoey asked.

"Yeah, she did.", I said just as confused as her.

It was silent between us, I continued eating and Zoey looked up at me.

"So, you're serious about you and Miles being done?", Zoey asked.

I looked up at her. "Yeah. I don't know. Maybe? I've been away from him besides for school for a while. Although I miss him and still love him, it's like I've learned how to live without him in a way.", I sighed. "I don't know".

Zoey nodded, she moved over to my side of the bench and wrapped her arm around me, I rested my head on her shoulder.

"Lia is right though, you are going to be an amazing mother", Zoey smiled.

I smiled. "Thanks. You're going to be an amazing auntie", I laughed.

"I know!", Zoey giggled.

I didn't know what mother life was going to be like. I didn't know how I was going to react when the baby is here. Everything in my life is changed forever, in a few months I am going to have a baby in my arms.

I'm most likely going to be a single mother but that's okay because I have good friends who will help me along the way. My child will have two parents who love him or her very much even if they aren't together. His or her life will be filled with so much love and joy, I'd do whatever it takes to make my child happy, to see them grow up and become somebody.

Even though Miles and I are no longer together, we will always be there for each other and our kid. I don't know what the future holds but I'm ready for it. I'm ready for anything. Miles will be in the delivery room to see our baby being born, he is the father and I will let him experience everything. He'll hear our child's first cry, cut the cord, he'll do everything a father does on the day their baby is born.

As scary as it is there's a part of me that is excited to become a mother. To finally get to see the baby that's been growing inside me every day. The bundle of joy that came from love that I will never ever forget. I couldn't change anything because then I wouldn't be having this baby, I wouldn't have had met Miles. Even though we broke up, even for something so little, if I had to chose between kissing Miles in that car the first time or walking away. I'd kiss him. The love between Miles and I is the greatest thing that's happened to me.