Chapter 22

MILES

   I gripped the steering wheel until my nuckes turned white. I drove as fast as I could I didn't care if I crashed. Hell I didn't care if I died, I felt tears run down my face.

"Fuck!", I punched the steering wheel. I pulled to the side to a dirt road, I parked the car and got out. I slammed the car door and ran my hands through my hair.

"Fuck!", I fell to the ground and covered my face with my hands.

Why didn't I just tell her?!

I sat down on the dirt and sighed looking at the darkness in front of me. I wiped the tears from my eyes. I couldn't believe this happened.

I can't lose Anna.

I had to see her.

I got up making my way back to the car, I got in and drove to her dorm building. She had to be there.

It wasn't long before I pulled into the parking lot. I made my way inside the building, I ran up the stairs and looked at the dorm numbers until I found the right one.

I took a deep breath before I knocked on the door.

Nothing.

I knocked again, harder this time.

I heard movement and the door knob turn revealing Logan, a student from my class.

"Uh, I must have the wrong dorm room.", I said looking at the number.

"Who's room are you looking for?", Logan asked.

I opened my mouth to say something until someone moved Logan aside. Anna.

"Anna", was all I could say. Her eyes were red and she looked sad.

"Leave, I don't want you here", Anna said.

"Anna, please. Can we talk", I asked.

I looked at Logan.

"I'll give you two a moment", Logan said before turning away.

I turned back to Anna.

"So you two friends now?", I asked.

"Christ Miles, go home. Logan and I are just friends and unlike you, I'm not gonna lie about it.", she said.

"Anna, I didn't lie.", I explained.

"Miles, you said nothing would happen between you two and look what happened.", Anna sighed. "Just go", she said before closing the door in my face. I sighed, pressing my head against the door.

Anna

  I closed the door and held it shut, tears fell from my face. I walked back to my bed where Logan was sitting.

"Mr. Lincoln's your boyfriend, huh?", Logan asked.

"Ex, but surprise", I said.

"Well, I'm sorry he hurt you", Logan said.

"Thanks",

I laid back down and Logan did the same. He was a really good friend and I was glad that I wasn't alone right now because I'd probably cry myself to sleep. I wasn't feeling good at all. My emotions were all over the place.

Logan and I stood up and talked all night to try and get me to forget what happened for at least a moment. We cracked jokes and laughed, we just said anything to make me and my situation a tiny bit better until we finally fell asleep.

I woke up my eyes feeling puffy and I didn't feel good. I turned to see Logan still asleep. I stood up from the bed and my stomach began to turn, I opened the dorm room door and ran towards the bathroom. I pushed the door open and one of the stalls before I threw up. A random who was in the bathroom walked over and held my hair back.

"Are you okay?", she asked rubbing my back.

"Yeah, I just felt sick", I explained. "Thank you", I said.

She nodded, I turned back to the toilet and threw up again.

"There you go, let it out", she said.

She handed me some napkins and I wiped my mouth. I flushed the toilet and stood up feeling worse than yesterday.

"Thank you.", I told her.

"Anytime", she smiled.

I walked out the bathroom and back to the dorm room, I stopped when I saw Miles sitting in front of the door. His head was rested in his hands and he was sleeping.

How did I miss him there?

I walked over to him, his eyes opened slowly and he stood up quickly.

"Anna", he said softly.

"Go, home Miles", I told him.

"Can we please talk?", he asked.

"Miles, I get it, you pushed her away but you didn't tell me about it which who knows maybe other stuff happened between you two", I sighed.

Miles shook his head and touched my arms gently.

"I promise you that was it and I pushed her away immediately", Miles said.

I looked at him for a moment.

"I gotta brush my teeth and shower", I said before walking into the room and closing the door.

I grabbed all of my stuff that I needed, Logan woke up and asked what I was doing and I told him.

"I'll head back to my dorm to give you some privacy when you change. If you need me I'm just one text away", he smiled.

"Thank you, Logan. It means a lot", I said.

We walked out together and Miles was still there, Logan gave him a small nod before leaving. Miles looked at me, I closed the door behind me and walked towards the bathroom.

"Anna please", Miles said following me

"Miles give it a rest. Go home. You trying to make things better for yourself will only make it worse", I explained.

Miles looked at me, and I wanted to just forgive him and have everything go back to normal but I couldn't. I was hurting. He should have told me but he kept it a secret from me. He lied to me. I couldn't just let that go.