Chapter 17

I sat in class taking notes and talking with Logan. Miles was explaining a concept that we were just learning.

We shared glances during class as Miles was teaching a lesson. There was a knock on the door before Lia walked through. What did she want?

Miles stopped and looked at her. She gave him a soft smile before walking over to him.

"I came to ask if we were still on for that family dinner, tonight?", she asked.

Family dinner? What was she talking about?

"I'm working right now. We can talk about that later?", Miles said.

"I need to know so I can tell my brother.", she said.

"Yeah, and it isn't a family dinner. Your brother needs help and I'm giving it to him. Now can you go, I'm in the middle of a lesson", he replied.

She turned and she caught my glance and smirked before walking out the door. I looked at Miles and he looked at me before looking away and continuing the lesson.

After class, I waited until everyone left and walked to Miles's desk.

"Family Dinner, huh?", I asked.

Miles looked at me and sighed before grabbing my arms.

"Her brother needs help with some college stuff and I'm gonna help. He wants to become a professor and asked for my help.", he said.

"Is she gonna be there?", I asked.

"Is someone jealous?", he asked.

I sighed not wanting to play games right now.

"Answer the question".

"Yes she is but nothing is going on between her and me, Okay? You have nothing to worry about. I want you and only you.", Miles said.

He pushed my hair behind my ears and cupped my face.

"You're beautiful, you know that?", he asked smiling. He kissed me softly.

"I don't trust her.", I mumbled against him lip. Miles groaned before breaking the kiss and looking at me.

"Hon, nothing is going to happen. She is just trying to get under your skin.", Miles sighed.

I didn't like Lia, she's was very rude. If she was nice on our first encounter then I wouldn't have a problem with her but she wasn't. I could tell she was the type of girl to break up a couple because she wanted to be with the guy. In this case, Miles was the guy.

"I don't know.", I sat down on top of Miles's desk.

He placed his hands on each side of the desk and kissed my lips and down my neck.

"I promise, nothing will happen", he mumbled against my skin.

I closed my eyes biting my bottom lip.

"But what if-"

"But what if nothing.", Miles said. He bit my neck gently and kissed it.

I pushed him off slightly. "You're distracting me and trying to change the subject.", I said.

Miles hung his head low and groaned.

"I am not. I'm telling you the truth and what will happen. I'm not changing the subject. I just want to be able to kiss and love on you. Is that a bad thing?", he asked.

I gave him and look and he laughed. He wrapped his arms around me and kissed my cheek.

"Is it?", he asked laughing softly leaving kisses all over my face causing me to laugh.

"No", I giggled.

"what?", he asked kissing my face.

"No", I said louder. Miles looked at me then kissed my lips.

"Good. You can trust me, Anna. She's my ex for a reason. I'm just helping her brother, that's it.", Miles said.

I trusted Miles but I didn't trust this girl. She made it known that she wasn't the type of person you should trust. I don't know what Miles saw on her but she was very rude.

"Did I tell you Zoey and Luke are getting married?", I asked.

"I think so", Miles replied.

"Well, I need a date for their wedding. Would you like to be my date?", I asked.

"Of course", Miles said.

"Okay", I smiled.

Miles kissed my nose. "I love it when you smile. You should do it often.", he said.

"Then you should find more reasons to make me smile", I teased.

Miles always made me smile but I loved to tease him. I was glad that I could be comfortable around him and not feel weird. He could take jokes and have a sense of humor. He wasn't so serious about everything which I was very glad for. Most guys I've dated were too serious and were party poopers.

"Sound like a deal", Miles smiled.

I slid off of Miles's desk and picked him lips before grabbing my bag.

"I gotta go. Zoey and I are going to spend some time planning for her wedding.", I said. Miles nodded and walked me to the door. We stopped a few kisses from each other before I left.

I walked back to my dorm building and walked inside. I wish I could have spent more time with Miles but we had spent a whole night together. I also promised Zoey that I would help her plan for the wedding. This was a huge deal for her and I was just as excited. Luke and Zoey wanted to get married as soon as possible.

They were going to wait until street college but decided that they couldn't wait that long. Zoey had asked me to be her maid of honor and me more than happy to me. I had to plan the bachelorette party and bridal shower which I was excited for.

I walked down the hall until I got to my dorm room. I opened the door and Zoey on the bed with her laptop on her lap.

"Let's go this shall we?", I asked smiling.

"Yes please", she said.

I walked over and plopped down next to her. She filled me in on what she had in mind and before we knew it we were long gone in planning for Luke and her wedding. I couldn't wait.