Chapter 10

I'm sat on my bed watching Zoey get ready for the date she had with Luke. She looked at me through the mirror and gave me a small smile. "You sure you don't want to come?", she asked. I gave her a glare.

"No, of course not. This is a date with you and Luke. Don't worry about me and have fun. I'm gonna read a book while you guys are gone and then maybe get something to eat. I'll be fine", I told her. She looked at me for a moment then nodded. She turned around and gave me a twirl showing me her dress.

"You look dashing", I smiled.

There was a knock on the door before it opened revealing Luke. "You look beautiful", he told Zoey handing her flowers. She smiled and smelled them before kissing Luke. Luke turned to me and waved.

"Hey Anna", he said.

"Hi Luke. Take care of my girl here", I told him.

"Always", he laughed.

They said bye to me before leaving. I sighed before picking up a book and reading it. After a few pages I pulled out my laptop and opened a new email message with Miles.

Anna: Hi

Miles: Hi, everything okay?

Anna: Bored. Zoey and Luke went on a date so I got nothing to do

Miles: Ah, okay. Well, here's my number it will be easier to message each other.. XXX-XXX-XXXX

Anna: alright.

I picked my phone up and put Miles into my contacts before sending him a message that it was me. He messaged back that he got my message. I set my phone down but it started ringing. I picked it up to see Miles's name.

"Hello", I said with a small smile on my face.

"Ms. Haden", he chuckled. "What are you doing?", he asked

"I am currently looking at my laptop speaking with you on the phone", I laughed softly.

"Want to take a drive?", he asked.

"Where", I said sitting up on my bed.

"Don't worry about it. Come on, I'll text you when I'm in front of the building", He told me hanging up before I could protest. I changed out of my PJ shorts and top into sweatpants and hoodie. I put my hair into a messy bun. I grabbed my phone and quickly put my shoes on before walking out of my dorm room. I walked down the hall then down the stairs. I accidentally bumped into someone.

"I'm so sorry", I said. Then I saw that it was Logan.

"It's okay, I should watch where I am going. Are you okay?", he asked.

"I am. I'm sorry", I told him again.

"It's cool. How are you? We haven't talked since last week after the carnival in class", he said scratching the back of his neck. He looked down the hall to see a few guys calling his name. He held up his hand telling them to wait. He turned his attention back to me.

"I'm good. How are you? How's Raven and that whole situation?", I asked him. Logan and I haven't talked since I told him to try it with Raven.

"I'm good. Uh the situation with Raven.", he chuckled. I felt my phone buzz in my pocket. "It's okay, we went on a few dates but I don't know", he shrugged. I nodded understanding, "Well, give it time I'm sure things will work out.", I smiled.

"I should let you go, I don't want to hold you from wherever you were going before we bumped into each other. I'll see you in class?", he asked. I smiled nodding my head, "See you in class", I told him.

He walked away. I checked my phone to see Miles's text that he was here. I walked out of the building to see his truck he gave me a smirk with a small wave. I rolled my eyes before getting in the passenger seat. He drove off so no one would see us together in the car.

"Anna", he said.

"Miles", I laughed.

••••

We drove until we got to a spot by a lake. The moon was hitting the water giving it a white glow. I smiled at the sight of it. "It's beautiful", I said. Miles nodded before turning the truck off.

"I found this spot when I was younger. Since my parents and I lived in Chicago, my grandparents moved here. I would come and visit when I was younger", Miles smiled. "My grandparents died and I had to come down and deal with the house since they left it to me. I figured I'd find a job out here and live at the house", Miles said.

"I'm sorry to hear about your grandparents", I said.

"It's okay", Miles said.

We sat in the car and talked about our families. I told him about what I remember of my parents. He told me about his family and told me about how he got into teaching.

I rested my head on the headrest then turned to Miles. We smiled at each other.

"About the night of the carnival", I began. Miles smirked then adjusted in his seat. "We..", I sighed.

"Kissed, Anna. We kissed.", Miles said.

"Yeah. But you're my professor and I'm one of your students", I looked down at my fingers.

"If you want to forget the whole thing we can", he said. I looked up at him, he had a serious expression on his face. "I don't want you to feel uncomfortable or anything like that", Miles said.

I reached for his hand. I turned away and sighed. "I don't know what I want but what I felt when we kissed. That feeling I had, it wasn't something that I felt before.", I looked into his eyes and he nodded understanding. This feeling I had for Miles was different than anything I've felt for a guy before. I liked Miles a lot. "Me too. I know that it's wrong with our situation and all but I can't deny the feeling and neither can you", Miles said.

I nodded slowly and looked down. Miles cupped my cheek and pressed his head against mine. "We don't have to put a name on what happened or what will happen. We don't have to have it all figured out. It's confusing and scary. I don't want you to feel uncomfortable. We can take things slow if we even want to take things anywhere.", Miles whispered.

I lifted my head slightly looking into his eyes before closing them and placing a soft kiss on his lips. What Miles said made me feel more comfortable with the little situation we had. We kissed once but it felt like a big deal. What Miles said made me like him even more. He cared and I could tell he was genuine by his tone.

Miles kissed me then pulled back and smiled. "We aren't children and I don't want this to be some kind of childish relationship or whatever you want to call this. If you decide that this will become something then I don't want no games, okay?", he said. I nodded.

"Okay", I said.