Chapter 26

"There's your baby", the doctor said pointing to a tiny little thing on the screen. It looked like a tiny baby, tears filled my eyes and I laughed softly.

"Oh my god", I smiled. The doctor moved the ultrasound probe around my small belly. I was now nine weeks pregnant and you couldn't tell I was pregnant yet but there was definitely a small bump and easy to hid during class.

"Everything looks good", the doctor smiled before taking the probe off my belly and wiping it off. He wiped the gel off my belly, pulling my shirt down I sat up. "I'll be back with some pictures for you and then we can discuss your next appointment", he smiled. I thanked him and he walked out of the room.

Ever since I told Miles about my pregnancy he's been talking to me about the baby and I've given him updates. I'm thankful that he wants to be apart of the baby's life and the pregnancy. Miles has been very supportive.

We are still on a bumpy road with our relationship with each other and I don't know where we stand. Although, it was a small reason that we broke up I can't get over the fact he didn't tell me. The trust that we had is no longer as strong as it was before.

The doctor came back with the pictures and we set up my next appointment. I walked out of the room and Logan was waiting for me, he has been very supportive too as well as Zoey and Luke.

"How was it?", Logan asked standing up.

"It was good, look", I showed him an ultrasound sound picture.

"Whoa, the little man getting bigger!", Logan laughed softly.

"Again, it's going to be a girl but yes my baby is getting bigger", I smiled.

We walked out of the office and got into the car. Logan stopped to get me some food before we made our way to the house. Walking through the door Zoey ran over to me and asked to see the photo.

"Oh my goodness!", Zoey hugged me.

"I know, this pregnancy is moving so slow", I groan.

"I've found this cute nursery idea", Zoey said taking my hand and leading me to her laptop.

A room with white walls, a crib set in the corner and a chair in the other. Shelves with stuff animals on top of it, underneath a white dresser. A small rug in the middle of the room.

"It's adorable", I smiled.

"I was thinking I could start decorating the guest room", Zoey began.

I stopped her. "Zo, I appreciate this I really do but I'm going to have a place before this baby is born. I love it here but you and Luke are married and need to start your lives together. I promise though when I get my place you have full control of the baby's room", I said.

"Anna, we don't have a problem with you staying here with us", Zoey replied.

I touched her shoulder. "I know but I'm going to be a mother and the baby will be crying and stuff. Trust me, it's okay. I'm already looking at some places, besides Matthew and Ruby might stay with me for a while. By the time I have my baby, their baby will be a few months old and they will help out a lot".

They were trying to help, they were my best friends but staying with them after the baby is born would be too much. They deserve their place to themselves to start their life.

I walked to my room and sat on my bed. My mind went to Miles, I missed him a lot. Obviously, I saw him but that's not the kind of missing him I was feeling. I missed being around him outside of class, our talks, feeling wanted by him but the video of him and Lia replayed in my mind. It was just a stupid kiss but my mind told me otherwise. I was confused and hormonal.

Luke knocked on the door, I looked up to see and he gave me a soft smile. He walked in and took a seat next to me.

"Hey", he said softly. "You doing okay?", he asked.

"Just thinking", I sighed. We exchanged looks. "Miles...I can't stop myself from missing him and what we had but the image of that video replays in my mind. It was a stupid kiss and he pulled her off of him but it feels like it meant something to him. He kept it from me for however long he kept it from me.  It doesn't matter how long, he kept it a secret. It makes me think maybe he's hidden other things from me and that's what's making me not want to go back to him.".

Luke placed his hands on his lap and turned towards me.

"Well, I think that he was scared to lose you but I think either way it played out it was going to happen.  I don't think anyone could see it the way he saw it at first, but then again you saw the video. You saw him push her away and that has to count for something. The reason you feel like it meant something else is because you've already had your insecurities about her. Now, you're pregnant with his baby so that's a factor you have to take into consideration. No matter what you chose to do, I will support you no matter what. You're my best friend", Luke said softly.

I smiled and nodded thanking him. He pulled me into a side hug and we sat there for a while. I didn't know what I wanted to do. Everything happened so fast, I don't even know what I want anymore. My only focus now was my baby.