Chapter 3

"I think I might change my major.", Zoey joked getting a glare from Luke.

"Well, at least he's willing to help everyone until the other professors on this damn campus.", Luke said.

I nodded in agreement before taking a bit of my muffin. I had time off since my next class didn't start until three. Zoey furrowed her eyebrows at the window. I turned to see what she was looking at.

"Oh my god", I said. I got up and walked out of the coffee shop then stopped with a smile planted on my face.

"Did you miss me?".

I ran over and wrapped my arms around my brother.

"Matt, when did you get here?", I asked.

"Last night, I stood in a hotel and decided to come to surprise you today.", he said.

I hugged my brother again before leading him inside where Zoey squealed in excitement. She liked my brother a lot, he was like a brother to her too. She hugged him then Luke shook his hand before we all sat down. I haven't seen my brother in months and I missed him coming out to visit. "I didn't recognize you", Zoey said laughing. My brother smiled the rubbed his stomach. "Yeah I gained some weight.", he joked.

My brother was fit, he played sports throughout high school and college. He goes to the gym every day, and I know this because that's all he posts on social media. We talked about what was new and caught up, I told him about the new professor and he asked lots of questions.

"How is Ruby?", I asked. Ruby is Matthew's girlfriend, she is very sweet. I liked her a lot and we both got along great.

"She's great. We're expecting!", Matthew said in excitement.

"What?!", I asked. I was going to be an aunt, I was beyond excited. Zoey and Luke were just as shocked as I was. They congratulated him and Matthew looked at me. I got up and hugged him. it was about time that he has a kid.

"Congrats. How far along is she?", I asked.

"Two months.", he replied.

"Two months?! What? Why didn't I know about this?", I asked hitting his arm.

Matthew rubbed his arm. "Ow. We didn't find out until last week. We were shocked that she was that far along and we didn't notice.", Matthew said.

It made sense, sometimes women don't show when it's their first pregnancy. Even two months pregnant you don't show much. It was crazy to think about my brother being a father even though I know that he is going to be amazing at it.

"Well, I'm happy for you both", I smiled.

Matthew pulled out pictures of the ultrasounds, Zoey and I gasped and awed. The baby was of course still small but I could see his or her tiny head. Matthew talked about how she told him and how happy he was. He planned on asking her to marry him but he wanted to wait. I was glad that they were starting a family together. My brother deserved to be happy and have a family of his own.

••••

"You okay?", Zoey asked walking over to me and hugging me from behind. I smiled and nodded. "Yeah, just thinking", I told her.

"About?", she asked.

"Today, Matthew had really big news. I'm happy for him, I just wish my parents were here to find out and be here for when the baby comes and stuff", I said.

Zoey walked over and to my desk and sat on top of it. She sighed before taking my hand. "I know you miss them. I know that you wish they were still here but they are still here in a way. I'm sure they are proud of both you and your brother and whatever you do", she said softly.

Zoey was right. I nodded and she hugged me. Zoey always knew what to say when it came down to making me feel better. Zoey walked back and plopped down on her bed. I closed my laptop and turned in my chair. Zoey snapped a picture of me and I shot her a look. She laughed and I shook my head.

"Come on, let's watch some sad romance movies", she said opening her laptop then patting a spot next to her. I got up and crawled in next to her, she was scrolling through Netflix trying to find us a movie to watch.

"Wait", I began. "Did you change your sheets from yesterday?", I asked.

Zoey stood quiet I groaned and started to get up but Zoey pushed me down and laughed. "Of course I did", she said shaking her head laughing.

Zoey found our movies to watch and we cried watching all of them. Luke walked in and saw us crying and asked what was wrong when we told him he rolled his eyes and left. He came back with ice cream and Zoey and I instantly felt better. Luke was a good boyfriend to Zoey and a good friend to me. We were all so close and I liked it that way, we never felt uncomfortable with each other. I was glad I had friends like them, I don't know what I'd do without them. They made me feel better whenever I needed cheering up and they were always there when I needed them. They changed my life for the better.