Chapter 13

"We're back", Zoey sang as we entered the dorm.

"Finally I've been waiting for you guys all day", Luke said.

I set the bags down at sat on my bed. "I'm nervous about this date", I sighed.

"Don't be I'm sure it will be okay", Zoey said.

I shrugged. I was nervous but excited to go on a date with him. Plus it would be somewhere, where it would only be him and me so we could actually go out on a date without hiding.

Zoey, Luke and I talked for a while before they ended up leaving to go somewhere. I sat in the dorm thinking of things to do as time ticked. My stomach began to form into a knot because of how nervous I am.

I played some music and sang along. I tried to get my mind off of everything. I decided to leave the dorm and walk around.

"Anna", I heard my name being called. I turned to see Logan.

"Hey", I smiled walking over to him.

"How are you?", he asked.

"Good, how about you?", I asked.

"Good. About that Raven thing. We decided not to date but we go on dates, does that make sense?", he laughed shyly.

"Yes, It makes sense. Well, I mean you never know. You guys might change your mind", I laughed wiggling my eyebrows. Logan smiled then playfully pushed my shoulder. Logan was really sweet and he seemed like a cool guy.

"Wanna come with me to the little ice cream place around the corner?", I asked him. Logan nodded and we left the building. 

We talked about different things to get to know each other better. He was a lot more talkative now than he was when I first met him. I was glad he started to open up more. Logan opened the door to the ice cream place for me and I thanked him. A woman bumped into me and apologized then left.

"Is she new?", I asked Logan.

"Uh, maybe. She looks like she's new, I've never seen her before", Logan said.

"Hmm".

"So what ice cream flavor are you getting?", he asked.

I looked to see the different ones. "Uh, Pistachio", I said.

"Ew", he laughed.

"Okay, and what are you getting?", I asked folding my arms across my chest.

"Cookie dough", he smiled at me.

••••

"Seriously", I laughed. Logan was telling me a story about his siblings. They used to pull pranks on each other all the time.

"It's true, so that's why I never pulled another prank and my big sister again", he laughed. We both began to laugh and I shook my head.

"My brother and only ever did that stuff on April Fools. Plus, when I was living with him we never really had time apart to do stuff like that", I said before putting ice cream in my mouth.

Logan and I talked more about just anything that came to mind. He was a good listener and a good friend.

"Okay but the real question here is why don't you like Pistachio?", I smirked.

"Because I mean it's green", he laughed. "and I've also never tried it".

"So you said ew when you haven't even tried it", I asked in disbelief. Logan laughed and held his hands up in defense.

"Here", I said pointing my spoon with ice cream on it at Logan. He looked at me clueless. "Try it", I said.

Logan hesitated for a moment before eating the Ice cream off the spoon. He acted as if he was concentrating on the taste.

"Okay, Chief Ramsey, on with it", I laughed.

He chuckled. "It's very good. The flavor is amazing, not too cold not too warm", he joked. I hit his arm playfully and he laughed. "I'm kidding it was nasty".

I looked at him causing him to laugh.

"Joking. It was good. I think that's my new favorite", He smiled.

"Good", I replied.

Logan was funny. He had humor which I liked. He didn't try too hard to make me laugh or anything. It kind of just came naturally. I'm glad he isn't the type of guy to just get close to a girl to get in her pants because that definitely wouldn't happen.

My phone buzzed in my pocket and a smile appeared on my lips when I saw it was from Miles. When I read the text my smile disappeared as fast as it came.

Miles: Gotta cancel tonight. Something came up, hope you understand.

"You okay?", Logan asked.

I felt my heart sink, I was really looking forward to this date.

"Uh...y-yeah. I'm fine", my voice cracked slightly.

"You sure? You look bummed", he said.

"I uh, had a date but he uh. canceled last minute. Something came up", I said shaking it off.

"Oh. Was it cause we're here?", he asked.

I shook my head quickly, "No. no not at all. Since I'm not going on my date as I planned. Wanna hang out?", I asked. Logan smiled then nodded.

I felt my heart hurt just a little bit. His text was kind of bland but I mean what did I want him to say. It sucked that I looked forward to this all day and then our date is just canceled.

"Come on", I said to Logan before we got up and left the Ice cream shop.

I wasn't going to just sit in my dorm all day. I was going out today and even if it wasn't with Miles I was going to hang out with Logan. A friend's company is always the best company.