Chapter 21

After the family night was over I went to Miles's house to stay the night. I walked through the door, I sat on the couch and watched Miles hang his coat up. Miles looked at me and made his way towards me, he wrapped his arms around me and kissed me as we fell back onto the couch.

"Today was fun, huh?", I mumbled against his lips.

"Yeah, except your brother finding out that I was your professor.", He replied kissing me.

He got up and pulled me with him and wrapped me into a hug. Miles kissed my cheek then down my neck softly causing me to giggle. We got to his bedroom and we laid on the bed kissing.

"You're so beautiful! I can't get enough of you, you know that?", Miles said looking at me.

I smiled thanking him, he kissed me passionately before getting up.

"I should go take a shower, wanna join?", he asked.

"No, I'll take one after you I think we could use a break", I laughed. Miles nodded pecking my lips and walking into the bathroom.

I looked around the room, sighing before I sat on his bed. I heard the shower running, I laid back on the bed. Miles's phone dinged, I turned to see it on the nightstand.

I walked to the bathroom door.

"Babe", I said.

"Yeah?", Miles asked.

"You got a message", I replied.

"Check it"

I turned on my heel walking to the nightstand, I picked up his phone and looked at it.

1 new message

I opened it and the iMessages opened to a conversation with Lia. Lia.

It was late what did she need to message him for? My heart began to beat faster, I looked down to see what she wrote.

Enjoyed our little moment today.

Bubbles popped up before a video appeared, I clicked it.

"Who was it?", Miles called from the shower.

The video played, it was Lia and Miles at a door, she pushed him against it before kissing him. She kissed him and then he pushed her away.

They kissed?!

Tears rolled down my face, I couldn't believe this. This was fake.

"Hey?", Miles said wrapping a towel around his waist. "Who was it babe?", he asked.

I looked up at him, my eyes full of tears. His expression became soft and confused.

"You asshole", I said, I began grabbing my things.

"Who was it? What happened?", he asked. "Anna, stop. What happened?", he asked following me.

I stopped and threw his phone at him, he caught it and looked at it. His face turned guilty and he looked at me.

"Let me explain", he began

"No! no. You kissed! Miles you guys kissed!", I yelled before I finished grabbing my things.

"She kissed me and I pushed her away. Anna, it wasn't what you think it was", He tried to explain.

I opened the door but Miles shoved it closed. He stood in front of me and tried to explain. I couldn't look at him, how could he do this? Even if he did push her away he should have told me.

"Anna, I pushed her away. I was going to tell you"

"Really? When?! After I saw the video?", I yelled.

"When I was ready, I knew how you would react. I wanted to wait until I was ready! I didn't even know that there was a video. Her friend must have recorded it! Anna, I'm telling you. I was going to tell you.", Miles said.

Tears rolled down my face, I shook my head. Miles touched my shoulder looking into my eyes.

"Please, I didn't want to lose you", he begged.

"Well, you just did", I said before pushing him out the way and walking out the door.

•••

I walked back to campus which was kind of a long walk, Miles blew up my phone with text messages and phone calls but I ignored them. I couldn't stop crying, I got closer to my building but stopped when I heard my name.

"Anna?"

I turned to see Logan, I wiped my eyes and sighed.

"What happened? Are you okay?" he asked gently.

I looked at him and shook my head before I started crying. He pulled me into a hug and rubbed my back.

"Hey, hey. Whatever it is, it's gonna be okay", he whispered.

I hugged him tightly just needing to be held and comforted. I cried and I tried to stop but I couldn't, tears just kept rolling down my face. I looked at Logan.

"Why can't I stop crying?", I asked.

He leads me to a nearby bench and sat me down.

"Anna, breathe. Calm down and just breathe, it's okay", He said.

I did what he said and soon I felt my body become relaxed, though I could still feel the pain in my chest.

"What happened?", he asked.

"My boyfriend and I broke up.", I sniffled.

"I'm sorry to hear that", he said.

"It's okay, not your fault. It's his", I sighed.

It was silent for a while, my head started to hurt.

"Can you walk me to my dorm room?", I asked. Logan nodded, we stood up and made our way to the building. We walked through the halls until we reached my dorm room door.

I opened it and walked in, I turned to Logan.

"Can you stay? I would call Zoey but she's with Luke", I asked. 

"Of course", Logan said before walking in and closing the door.

I crawled in my bed and patted the spot next to me, hesitantly Logan laid next to me. He wrapped his arm around me and I rested my head on his chest.

"Thank you, Zoey would do this", I told him.

"Of course, that's what friends are for", he smiled.

The rest of the night he listens to everything I had to say. He let me cry and vent, he made sure I didn't cry too much and tried to encourage me to look on the bright side. I couldn't.

My heart was hurting so bad that I felt it in my stomach. I was hurting.