Chapter 4

I woke up an hour earlier to get to class a bit early and ask Mr. Lincoln if he could explain a part of the assignment that I didn't understand. I was going to email him but I decided that it would be easier to just show up earlier. I got two cups of coffee and made my way to his class.

I went to open the door right when I opened it to walk in I bumped into Mr. Lincoln. Both cups of coffee tipped over-soaking Mr. Lincoln's shirt. "Oh my god", was all I could say. Mr. Lincoln stood still for a moment before he walked over and grabbed some paper towels trying to wipe the coffee off. I quickly grabbed the cups and threw them out before trying to help Mr. Lincoln.

"Mr. Lincoln, I am so so sorry.", I said. I was so stupid and now he had a huge coffee stain on his white dress shirt.

"And here I thought you liked me", he joked. I gave him an apologetic look and he laughed before shaking his head. "It's okay, Anna. I got another shirt. Good thing I like to change into comfortable clothes once my classes are over and have to grade", he laughed.

He walked over to his bag and pulled out a solid green shirt. He began to unbutton his shirt, I watched then looked away. I glanced back and he was shirtless, I could see his abs and V-line when he turned to grab his shirt. I quickly looked away until he sighed, "That's better", he smiled. I smiled then sat down at one of the chairs.

"I am really sorry. I feel so bad", I said while fumbling through my bag.

"It's okay really. I never liked that shirt anyway.", he said giving me a soft smile.

"Here, for a new shirt.", I said holding out some money.

Mr. Lincoln shook his head and declined the money. "No need, it's okay. It's not a big loss", he said.

I sighed. It was silent for a moment, Mr. Lincoln was looking at me until he cleared his throat. "So what brought you to class an hour early?", he asked. I didn't even want help, I didn't deserve help after spilling coffee on him.

"I needed help on an assignment, I figured it would be easier to come in early but it wasn't. If I hadn't come early then I wouldn't have spilled two cups of coffee on your shirt", I sighed.

Mr. Lincoln laughed then walked over and sat in a chair next to me.

"Take this assignment out. Just because you spilled coffee on me doesn't mean I won't help you with your work", he chuckled. I took out my laptop and showed him the assignment. He explained the problem to me and helped me with some of the other ones. He nodded and smiled when I started to understand and figure it out on my own.