Chapter 14

"Hey", I said to Miles the next day after class.

Miles gave me a soft smile before turning his attention down to his fingers.

"Everything okay?", I asked.

He looked at up at me a sighed.

"Anna, there's something I gotta tell you", he began.

A woman walked through the door. It was the girl at the Ice cream shop. She gave me a soft smile before planting a kiss on Miles's cheek.

"Hi, I'm Lia. Miles's girlfriend", she smiled.

"Ex-girlfriend", Miles said wiping his cheek that had lipstick on it.

What was happening?

"Breaking it off with me because you're moving is not a valid breakup", she rolled her eyes at Miles.

I stood quiet and Miles sighed giving me an apologetic look.

"I'm Anna", I said softly.

"This is the girl you were telling me about?", she asked Miles. She turned to me, "Not as pretty as I thought you'd be", she looked at me up and down raising her eyebrow.

"Lia, that's enough. I still don't know why you're here", he said.

"Miles come on, you were much nicer last night at dinner", she laughed softly.

Dinner? So he ditched me to have dinner with her. I looked at Miles.

"It wasn't like that, Anna.", he looked at me.

"I should get going", I said. I walked towards the door but Miles stopped me. He took my outside and took my hands in his.

"It wasn't like that, okay? I promise. She came and she said it was important so I met her for dinner. You and I will go out tonight, okay? Me and you.", Miles said.

I trusted him, Miles didn't seem like the kind of guy to lie. I nodded. Miles looked around to make sure no one was looking before he placed a soft kiss on my lips.

"I promise we will go out tonight", he smiled.

"Okay", I said.

•••
"An ex-girlfriend?", Luke said.

"Yeah, she was really pretty but she was a bitch", I said making Luke laugh.

"I'm sure it will be okay. He promised to take you out tonight and you guys can talk about it more then.", Luke glanced at me.

"Yeah", I said.

All I could think about was what that girl said. She brought back memories of elementary school. I didn't like people like her. Snotty and mean for no reason at all. I couldn't imagine Miles going out with someone like that.

I hope she wouldn't be a problem for me and Miles. I really didn't need anything causing drama in my life right now. Especially with school going on, I needed to focus on that. Whatever was happening hope that it would work out.