Chapter 20

"Matthew!", I said running to him giving him a hug.

"Hey, girl!", he laughed. I turned to Ruby and gave her a hug.

"Family night here at the campus, huh?", Matthew said looking around. I nodded before showing him around.

I caught a glance of Miles as we walked, he was talking to some other teachers. I had to at least try and get Matthew away from him, he didn't know that Miles was my professor.

"This way", I said. Leading Ruby and Matthew the opposite way.

"Hey, that's Miles, let's go say hi", Matthew said before taking Ruby's hand and making their way towards Miles. My eyes widened and I tried to stop them. Miles looked our way and he quickly turned to the other teachers and said a few words to them before walking our way.

"Matthew", he smiled taking his hand. He gave a small hug to Ruby before I appeared next to her.

"You go to school here?", Matthew asked.

Miles opened his mouth to say something before a student came up to us.

"Excuse me, sorry. Mr. Lincoln, our assignment from last night is due today, do you think I can have it done tomorrow?", she asked Miles.

"Yeah, sure", Miles said. The student walked away and Miles looked at Matthew.

"You're a teacher here?", Matthew asked.

"Matthew", I said.

Matthew looked upset, Ruby placed her hand on her chest to keep him from lunging at Miles.

"She's your student!", Matthew said.

"Shh! Matthew! He's only my teacher for the rest of this year and that's it. I'm twenty-two, Matt.", I explained.

"You should know better!", Matthew said to both Miles and me.

"Alright, how about we talk somewhere private and not draw any attention to this situation", Ruby said.

"We can go to my class", Miles said before leading the way.

•••

We all sat down in Miles's classroom, Matthew was pissed. We kept trying to explain to him that we didn't expect it to happen it just did. He didn't want to listen, it took him a while before he finally gave in and understood.

Matthew and I took a moment alone in the classroom.

"I appreciate you being worried about me but I'm older now. I'm okay", I said.

"It's always been just me and you, Anna. Let's be honest, a student-teacher relationship? You really think it looks normal?", Matthew said.

"No, it doesn't but Matty. He makes me happy and he cares about me. He's respectful", I told Matthew.

"It's just gonna take me a while to get used to it", Matthew said.

I nodded before we made our way towards the door. Matthew and Ruby were talking then stopped when they saw us. Matthew shook Miles's hand and they exchanged a few words.

I hung out with Matthew and Ruby for a while. Zoey and Luke came to see all of us for a little while before they left. Ever since Zoey got married, she and Luke have been looking for a house. They said that I could live with them since we all go to the same college, we would all split the payments but it would be Luke and Zoey's house.

Ruby and I sat in my dorm room for a while waiting for Matt to come with food. She had her hand on her belly and sighed.

"Do you want a boy or girl?", I asked.

"A girl, but it doesn't matter as long as he or she is healthy", Ruby smiled.

"Can I feel?", I asked. Ruby nodded, I moved closer to Ruby and placed my hand on her belly. I felt a kick, Ruby started to laugh and I looked up at her.

"That was so cool", I laughed.

"Yeah, it's an amazing feeling", She smiled.

Ever since I was little I'd always want to have a family eventually. Finish school, have a good job, find someone, get married, and then have kids. Pregnancy was an experience I wanted to experience, eventually.

The door opened and Matt came through with a box of pizza and smiled. He set the box down on my desk before he opened it and handed us plates. We ate and talked about different things.

Miles had to go to a short meeting and had to help around the campus. I was glad that he and Matthew were on good terms although it took a while to get Matt used to the idea of Miles being my professor for the rest of this year.

I just hope everything works out.