Chapter 2

"Anna", I heard a voice call. I turned around to see Logan jogging towards me. When he got closer he walked over to me. "Hi", I smiled. "Hi", he said.

We began walking towards our chemistry class and drifted into a conversation. He seemed a lot more comfortable talking with me than he did yesterday. We talked about why he wanted to major in Chemistry. We stopped to get coffee since I did it every morning before class. Logan opened the door of the room and I thanked him before walking in. Other students were walking in a sitting in a seat. I sat somewhere in the middle and Logan sat next to me.

I took out my notebook and pen, opening to a new page to start my lecture notes. I was a bit nervous to meet this new professor. He was probably mean and just rambled on without making sure we understood what was going on which was most professors did but it would be a big change in this class since Mr. Connor made sure to stop during the lecture and helped us if we didn't understand.

"Hopefully this professor is as good as Mr. Connor", Logan said.

"I know, Mr. Connor was sweet. It's too bad that he is retiring.", I said.

Mr. Connor and I had a good relationship. He was about seventy and he made tons of dad jokes to try and lighten the mood. The first few jokes he ever made had only made me laugh which led him to take a liking to me. When I needed extra help I'd stay back and he'd help me. Even after I was done with an assignment I'd come and talk with him. We would talk for hours. He would tell me about his wife, children, and grandchildren. He even invited me to a few family parties of his where I met his family. They were all so sweet. Mr. Connor tried to hook me up with one of his nephew's son but it didn't work out.

"He's here", Logan whispered.

I looked to see the door open and a man walking through it. He was tall and had dark brown hair. He was wearing a dress shirt with the sleeves rolled up. He set his bag down before turning to the class. This man was hot.

He gave a small smile to everyone. "Hello, I am the new professor for your Chemistry class", he said. His voice was deep but sexy. "Unfortunately, Mr. Connor, your old professor is retiring. Which is why I am here. I won't make this too long because I want to know some of you all and start the lesson.".

"My name is Miles Lincoln, Mr. Lincoln.", he began. "I recently moved here from Chicago, I've only been living here for about a week. Hopefully, we all get to know each other and have a good rest of the year.", he said smiling.

He seemed nice and he had a warm smile. He looked at me for a moment before turning his attention back to the class. He turned around to the board and sighed before he began the lesson. As he talked I wrote down notes and occasionally, he asked if anyone was confused. Half of the class raised their hands. Mr. Lincoln laughed then nodded before explaining things a little slower.

Class ended and Mr. Lincoln was saying goodbye to all of the students, shaking their hands. I stopped when I got to the door. Mr. Lincoln smiled at me then held out his hand which I took.

"Anna, right?", he asked.

I nodded, "Yes, sir.", I replied.

Mr. Lincoln had greenish hazel eyes, I saw his pupil dilate a bit. I could smell the cologne he had on and it smelled so good. He was cleanly shaved and you could tell he shaved his morning.

"Mr. Connor has told me a lot about you. You are one of his top students", Mr. Lincoln said.

I laughed softly and nodded. "Yeah, Mr. Connor helped me a lot with things I didn't understand so he's the reason I am at the top.", I said. I understood now why guys were so nervous to talk to me, I felt how they felt right now. I was nervous to talk to Mr. Lincoln but I didn't let it show.

"Well, hopefully, I can help. If you didn't understand anything from the lesson or you are confused about the assignment, I am here until eight tonight. You can email me as well, It's on the board if you'd like to copy it.", he said.

At least he was nice. Most young and good looking professors were mean and stuck up.

"Thank you. I wrote it down earlier just in case I needed it", I said.

He nodded. "Okay, good. Have a good day, Anna. I'll see you tomorrow in class.", he smiled.

"Thank you, you too.", I said beginning to walk away. I turned around and walked backwards, "And welcome, we are glad to have you here", I smiled before turning and walking out the building.

I liked Mr.Lincoln he was very nice and he cared for his students even though he just started. This was going to be a good year and I was going to be able to stay on track with all of my classes. I got a text from Zoey to meet her at a coffee shop near campus, I messaged her back before making my way there.