Shen x Akali [pt.4]

Katarina's P.O.V: 

I sat in the living room watching Akali play some games on her phone. She passed the level for whatever game she was playing and she made this smile. "Katarina! Let's go jog now!" She asked. I nodded and we changed into our gym outfits. "It's almost time for dinner though..." Akali shrugged and pulled me to the door. "We're heading out for a jog master!" I shouted, I saw him peek his head through the window and nodded. 

We went out for a jog and she would keep putting up this bright smile. I felt a slight heat in my heart. "Akali, are you alright?" I asked. She turned and gave me a confused look. "Yep, why do you ask?" I looked into her eyes... I saw something different... something different from the Akali I knew long ago. 

~flashback~

"Akali!" I shouted. 

"Yea Kat?" She replied. 

"SHENNENENENNENENENENENN!" I shouted, just teasing her a bit... I knew she hated him and she'd probably slap me a few times and we'd laugh it off... But she... didn't act the way I thought she would. 

"How can you bring up such a name... HE'S A FUCKING DISGRACE TO EVERYONE IN MY CITY! EVERYONE WHOM HE LOVES! THEY'RE ALL A DISGRACE TO ME! I HATE THEM! I HATE THEM FOR BRAINWASHING MY FATHER AND HURTING MY MOTHER! THEY CAN'T EVEN GET A JOB NOW!" Her rage grew and I felt a something cold in my heart. I... I couldn't breathe very well. I held onto my throat. I can't... breathe...

~end of flashback~

I always felt something that Akali could feel. Whenever she's angry... I'd feel a cold layer of ice wrap around my heart. Whenever she's happy... I'd feel a little fire flickering inside me. But it was the first time I felt her happy... Every time I thought of Akali... my heart would be squeezed... It got tighter as the ice wrapped around it. 

But now... I haven't felt it... "Akali... do you like Shen?" She turned to me with a smiling face. "Um... he's alright I guess... I don't exactly like him tho..." She replied with. I felt... weird... I wasn't used to feeling this way. She continued to talk and talk and went on about being at the hospital, around Shen... "And he-" I cut her off. "ARE YOU EVEN AKALI?!" I shouted as I stopped jogging. 

She looked at me with a teary face. "K-Kat?" She questioned. "YOU'RE! YOU'RE NOT EVEN THE SAME AKALI I KNEW WHEN WE WERE LITTLE!" Tears ran down my face. "YOU'VE CHANGED SO MUCH OVER THE YEARS! YOU USED TO HIT ME, ABUSE ME, HURT ME IN EVERY WAY AND YOU'D SHOW YOUR FEELINGS TO ME! MY CHEST WOULD GET TIGHTER! I LOVED SEEING YOU ANGRY! I LOVED SEEING YOU HATE THE PERSON THAT YOU HATED BACK THEN! WHAT  HAPPENED TO YOU?! WHY ARE YOU ACTING THIS WAY?!" 

"Kat... I... I don't even know what to say... I just don't want to be that Akali anymore... I want to put her down... I want to... to learn to be nice. Love someone. Care for people like I care for you... no... I never cared for you... I hurt you so much... yet you're always by my side. Yet you like it when I hurt..." 

"I don't want to see you change Akali. I can't keep up with you..." -Katarina

"Neither can I Kat..." -Akali

"You used to be my best friend..." -Katarina

"And now you're not my best friend..." -Akali

A sword pierced through my heart. "I'm sorry but I don't want to see you act this way. I hate it when you do this." I wanted to pull out my sword and stab her as well... I didn't deserve this... She let out an... evil laugh and a smirk. "Oh my~ I love it, seeing you suffer Kat~ I love it so much! I just want to see you cry in pain, show me the emotions I've never seen before! I'VE HAD ENOUGH OF YOUR SMILING FACE! JUST SHOW ME THE FACE WHEN SOMEONE STABS YOU, WHEN YOU CAN'T EVEN FEEL YOURSELF ANYMORE-"

There was a new emotion... a light... heavenly one... Grass started to grow, as well as vines and it pulled the sword right out of my chest... "I'm not weak Akali..." Though I loved that feeling, I had to regain control of Akali...

I wonder why Akali changed...

Why can't she be the Akali I knew all those years ago.