Surreal Reality

Prompt from @mainedcm's Twitter post:

December 11, 11pm, Laguna:

M: Love! You're finally here. *beams as R enters the front door*

R: Love! Akala ko nasa Bulacan ka. Anong ginagawa mo dito? *grins, rushes to M, hugs her tight and lifts M off the floor* Haaay... Ang sarap. Wala na lahat ng pagod ko. *showers M's forehead, cheeks and neck with pressing kisses*

MT: Huy Tisoy! Ikalma mo yan. Maubos yang jowa mo. *laughs*

R: *presses a few more pecks on M's cheek before he stops* Ma, naman eh. Na-miss ko lang ang Menggay ko.

MT: Na-miss? Magkasama lang kayo kanina, na-miss agad? OA ka lang.

R: OA na kung OA kasi OA talaga ang love ko dito. *pokes M's nose*

M: *giggles* Halika na, Love. Kanina ka pa hinihintay.

R: Kanina ka pa dito, Love? Akala ko di ka makakapunta.

M: Oo kanina pa ako. Nakatulong na ako kay Ate April sa kusina, nakadami ng kwento kay Lola, nakagawa ng homework  ni Angel at nakapagplano ng nursery with Daddy.

R: *grins giddily* Nursery?

M: Oo. Basta. Mahabang kwento yun. Su-surprise sana kita. Kaso late ka na kaya ako na sumalubong sa'yo. Tumawag kasi si Dad para mag-remind nga so naisip ko pwede naman talaga ako pumunta basta may driver. *smiles*

R: *tucks M's hair behind her ear, caresses her cheek* Hindi ka naman pagod?

M: *shakes her head* Hindi, Love. Happy ako na nakasama para sa birthday dinner for Mommy Rio.

R: *stares at M, sighs and smiles* Thank you, Love. I love you.

M: I love you more. *smiles*

R: *hugs M closer and tighter, savoring a few more seconds of holding her warmth and inhaling her sweet fragrance before taking her hand and walking with her to the dining room to join the rest of the family*

R&M: *join the family for a late dinner then to offer flowers, candles and prayers at the home's main altar for Mommy Rio*

R: Thank you ulit for being here, Love. *smiles, looks at M and places his arm over her shoulders as they sit on a bench in the garden, watching the bright round moon and the twinkling stars above*

M: *leans her head on R's shoulder and sighs dreamily as she looks up* You know I love being here, Love. Masaya ako dito. I feel at home din.

R: *rests his cheek on her head* Alam mo bang mahal ka nila?

M: *smiles* Mahal na mahal ko din sila, Love pati si Mommy Rio kahit hindi ko na siya naabutan. Sa mga kwento niyo pa lang parang nakasama ko na din siya.

R: Siguro kung nagkasama kayo magiging sobrang close kayo. *pulls M closer and kisses her temple, sighs* Isa siguro sa mga bagay na hihilingin ko pero imposibleng mangyari ang makasama ng magiging pamilya ko si Mommy.

M: Oh my... Love, look. *points at a medium sized butterfly with white and yellow wings that has a few brown and black patterns* May butterfly pala sa gabi? *stares at the winged insect in awe as it flutters around them before it daintily lands on her knee* Ngayon lang ako nakakita ng butterfly sa gabi.

R: Hindi ba moth yan, Love?

M: *still mesmerized by the butterfly, whispers*No. Look, Love. Her wings are folded upward habang naka-land siya. *gently points at its wings*

R: Oo nga ano? Butterfly nga! Ang galing!

M: Ssshhh... *reprimands R in a whisper* Don't scare her away.

R: *whispers* Sorry. *stares at the butterfly and smiles as it appears to be peacefully resting on M's knee* Why do you keep calling it she? Paano mo nalaman na babae?

M: *carefully slips her finger under the butterfly's legs and transfers it to her palm as they watch it* Wala naman. Na-feel ko lang na babae siya.

R: *stares amazed at how rested the winged creature is on M's hand* I think she really likes you. Hindi kaya si Mommy yan?

M: Siguro nga. Naniniwala ka ba dun?

R: Sabi nila, "Butterflies are reminders that angels are among us."

M: *smiles* I believe that Mommy Rio is an angel who watches over you.

R: *side hugs M* Over us. Alam ko na mahal ka niya at naniniwala ako na binabantayan ka din niya dahil mahal kita.

M: So, naniniwala ka talaga na si Mommy to?

R: Medyo. Pag may pa-alitaptap siguro sure na ako. *chuckles*

M: *gasps* Oh my God! Unbelievable! This can't be real. Nakikita mo ba to? *covers her agape mouth with her free hand as a couple of fireflies flickered from the bush near them, walks to their direction, enchanted by the creatures, unable to believe that she is living in a dreamlike moment that most can only wish for*

R: *shakes his head and smiles* Amazing. Surreal. *looks up in the sky* Ikaw to, Mommy. Alam ko. Salamat. I love you and I miss you everyday.*looks at M who now has at least five fireflies dancing around her as she raises up her hand with the butterfly, her hair gently fanning in the cool breeze, her beautiful smile captivating and her eyes sparkling under the moonlight* Thank you for praying with me and asking God to give me this wonderful woman who I will love and cherish for all time. Happy Birthday. 
💛👩💛💑💛💐💛