KMR 34 - Don't Be Too Late

KISS ME RIGHT 34
Don't Be Too Late

Kim Kei

"What?" I asked. "You're telling me that Joshua Hong is a prince? The real one?"

"Yes," Jessica said. "It was a complicated story about the royal family,"

"Complicated?" I asked.

"At first, Joshua thought, all of us thought that Joshua is just the King's cousin's son. But then, we just realise, he is the real prince," Jessica said.

I still didn't understand what she's trying to say and why she tell this to me. She take out a picture and put it on the table.

"Who do you think the guy in the picture is?" Jessica asked. I look at the picture. Isn't it's Joshua? He look slightly different in here. But I can't tell what the difference is.

"Joshua?" I answered.

"Unfortunately, no. It's Victor," Jessica said. And who's that Victor is? "He's the one we thought is the prince all this time. But actually, he's fake. He's in the same age as Joshua. He born a few days earlier than Joshua. He is the King's cousin's son,"

"I'm sorry. But, I don't really understand it," I said.

"You surely do. It is all so complicated and confusing," Jessica said. "Victor's mother want her son to get the wealth and to be the prince. After Victor's father died when he's trying to protect the King, Victor was still unborn. Victor's mom want to take a revenge on his husband's death,"

I am listening to Jessica's story very carefully. It feel like listening to the fairytale.

"A few days after Victor was born, the Queen give birth to Joshua and she's died. Victor's mother offered herself to take care of Joshua until his fifth month. During that time, she was planning to change his son with Joshua. She give back Victor to the King and she keep Joshua," Jessica said. "When Joshua is 4 years old or less, she left Joshua to the King's family. She said that she can't afford to raise Joshua. She said she's willing to let the King to make Joshua to be the royal servant as long as the King want to raise him,"

So basically, Joshua was serving for the person who actually is his servant.

"After years, they bring Joshua to live here, the royal family's worker. They'll serve them when they're coming back to Korea once a while. Joshua had learned martial art and many things to be the royal family's servant. He didn't complain about it even once," Jessica said. "Until when he's in middle school, Victor come here and make troubles around. He said that he's Joshua. And it make Joshua always in danger,"

Oh. So this is what they mean. That something happened making Joshua trying to avoiding his own friends. To make sure that his friends will be safe. It's because of Victor.

"After making problems, he will disappears. But still in Korea. Joshua and the other royal family's worker trying to find Victor before the King smells what Victor doing here," Jessica said. "Joshua's life was always in trouble. But he keep doing his work. He just want to know why did Victor doing that to him,"

All this time he had been risking his life just to protect someone who's trying to ruin his life. What Joshua is thinking actually.

"Why did Victor do that?" I asked.

"Victor just know that he is not the real prince. That's why he's trying to get rid of the real prince that is Joshua. But he don't want to just kill him by his own hand or pay someone to do that. He want to make it be as natural as possible," Jessica said. "But, he didn't thought that it will be that hard to kill Joshua Hong,"

"He's trying to kill him?" I asked. Seriously. Is this a fairytale or what?

"A few days ago, Victor died. He got beaten by the gang that he's trying to make Joshua get trouble into so bad. Joshua know about that and trying to save him. Taking him to the hospital. But, it's too late," Jessica said. "He told Joshua about everything. That he is the real prince. Joshua find it so hard to accept the fact,"

"Did the king know about that? That Joshua is the real prince?" I asked.

"That's what make Joshua become harder to accept it. The royal family already know about the truth earlier than him. But they didn't tell him," Jessica said. "You might wondering why I'm telling you this things, right?"

"Nae," I said

"Because you are special for Joshua. You are the first person who care about him. All this time, Joshua didn't care about his self. He just care about other people and barely think about his own self," Jessica said.

I am the only one? What about his friends?

"Even his friends are not as stubborn as you. If he told his friends no, so they won't do that. But you, you're too stubborn," Jessica said. "That's what Joshua tell me about you,"

"Really?" I asked. Listening Jessica stories making me wanting to meet him even more. Making me missing him even more. "Do you know where he is right now?"

"Of course I know. And I really want you to meet him before it's too late," Jessica said.

"Too late?" I asked.

"Even he didn't tell you about it, you can feel it, right? That he care about you," Jessica said. "I saw the sparkles in his eyes when he's talking about you. He adore you so much. But, he didn't have much time here,"

"What do you mean by that?" I asked.

"It's already late now. I'll pick you after school tomorrow. I'll take you to him," Jessica said. "See you tomorrow,"

💏

"Kei-ah," Momo called me.

"Oh. Momo-ya," I said.

"Have you meet Jessica?" Momo asked.

"Eo," I said. "You know about it from the start isn't you?"

"About what?" Momo asked.

"That Joshua is the real prince," I said.

"Oh. About that," Momo nods. "I've told you before that I believe that Joshua is not a bad guy, right?"

"But why you didn't tell me about that?" I asked.

"Well, my father is working with the royal family. And there's many spy around me. To make sure that I didn't tell anything that I shouldn't to other people. That's why I can't," Momo said. "But now, you know it already, right?"

"Eo," I said. Then, I receive a call from Jessica. She said that she's already arrived. I go to her car.

"Are you ready?" Jessica asked.

"Nae," I said.

"Brace yourself," she said. "Let's go,"

She drive her car. I'm so excited. I will meet him again.

"Here we are," Jessica said. I look out. It's a big mansion here. And, why's there's so many cars here? "Go in,"

"Thanks," I said. I walk into the mansion. Why did the atmosphere here a bit gloomy? I look around. Why is everyone wearing black outfits.

My legs stopped. Am I too late?

💑

I'm sorry for taking too long time for updating this. BTW, I already posted Joshua's side story, 'That First Kiss'. Go and check that out...

**whisper** one chapter left...