CHAPTER THIRTEEN

SONG FOR THE CHAPTER:
Cut- Plumb

My head was spinning and my body felt like it was on fire in a good way if that even made sense but lately nothing was making sense, like why the hell the Alpha King let me go if he wanted me so badly or why I found myself wanting him to take me w...

My head was spinning and my body felt like it was on fire in a good way if that even made sense but lately nothing was making sense, like why the hell the Alpha King let me go if he wanted me so badly or why I found myself wanting him to take me with him or what the hell happened to him being in Nardea!

Strange.

I had managed to leave the dance circle and was now at the bar lounge scanning the large hall for Mason or any familiar face but it was extremely hard seen as everyone had masks on.

"What is Mason's little mate doing here all by her lonesome?" I spun around to see a tall handsome man in a dark blue suit staring intently at me. His eyes held a mischievous glint in them which was practically screaming at me not to trust him.

"Actually I was just about to go to him," I said hoping my voice held more confidence then my appearance. I made a move to pass him but he grabbed my arm preventing me from doing so.

"Mason is a bit, uh occupied at the moment," he smirked and I automatically went into worry mode.

"Where the hell is Mason?" I glared at him and tore my arm from his hold.

"He left actually sad though that he left his newly found mate behind, without so much as a mark to show that you are his," he moved aside for me to pass but I stood there for a moment in complete and utter shock.

"You're lying Mason wouldn't leave me here alone," I snapped feeling angered for some reason.

"Very well I'll leave you to your search for your mate, I wish you the best of luck," he smirked and walked s'est leaving me in shock.

An hour later I was still at the Wolfstrix looking for Mason who was nowhere to be found. "Dimitri, thank heavens I found you before they did, we need to leave now," she said in a rushed breath barely waiting for my reply before she grabbed my arm and pulled me out of the hall and towards a black car. "Get in," she said and I jumped in. "Chloe what's going..."

"Something happened to Mason we just have, have to-to go now no more questions," she stuttered which made me slightly suspicious, Chloe never stuttered ever even when she was scared shitless which was also very rare but here she was sacred and stuttering but then again if Mason was in danger it was understandable.

"Chloe I know you want to get to Mason as soon as possible but if you don't slow down we're going to die before we reach him," I clutched onto my seatbelt tightly as she turned a sharp corner at a horrifyingly high speed. She ignored me and continued driving maniacally until the packhouse came into view. Without waiting for Chloe, I ran into the packhouse and headed straight for Mason's room. I barged into his room and spotted him lying on his bed, I took cautious steps towards him confusion taking over when I noticed he was asleep. I sat beside him and brought my hand to his face, smiling when he relaxed against my touch.

"You should smile more often you look even more beautiful," he raised his hand to touch my face, his thumb lazily grazing over my bottom lip.

"Why did you leave?" I dropped my hand from his face and stood up, adding more distance between us.

"I had some uh, urgent business to take care of," he stood up from his bed and came closer to me.

"Chloe told me you were not fine and I assumed your beast came out again," I mumbled.

His hands came to my waist and he pulled me closer to him as his lips came to my neck. "Mason, we need to talk about the Alpha King," my breath hitched as he sucked on my skin. I instinctively tried to move away suddenly not enjoying the feel of his lips on my skin.

"I'm sorry but I need you," he whispered against my skin before all his warmth vanished and I felt something sharp pierce my neck and just like that I was out.

I hope I explained everything well in the previous chapter and if you still don't get it well, just hang in there. Sorry for this super short chapter, I was super tired!

Remember to comment and vote:)
~Abbtenie