CHAPTER NINE

SONG FOR THE CHAPTER:
Pretty thoughts - Alina Baraz

I stared at my chest in disbelief, there was not even a scar left I had healed in only a week, this was the most amazing thing that had happened to me since I got here

I stared at my chest in disbelief, there was not even a scar left I had healed in only a week, this was the most amazing thing that had happened to me since I got here. I put on my leggings, a grey vest and black combat boots. Mason had insisted that I train with the rest of the pack so I can learn to defend myself should I ever find myself in another situation.

I had started with the basics two days ago and it was not going well, I accidentally tripped one of the werewolves and she went full bitch mode so I punched her which ended with me getting a good ass beating but the injuries healed in a day so there was nothing to worry about other than running into other extra-bitchy werewolves.

I spotted Mason at the front of the training room fighting Elijah. I let my eyes roam down his sturdy body as he deftly dodged Elijah's blow. His t-shirt did very little to conceal his muscular figure as his arms flexed when he punched Elijah's face which had him bleeding on the ground as he conceded defeat. I jogged up to him hoping he wouldn't tell me to run around the pack house again.

"You're late," he reached out his hand to help Elijah up then with a nod, dismissed him.

"Do you have any idea how hard it is to find training clothes?" I joked.

"You won't need them if you're dead now will you?" His eyes stayed trained on two werewolves sparring in their wolf form.

"Mason you need to chill, I'm perfectly fine," he turned to face me and I literally wanted to hide because of how livid he looked.

"Let me put it clearly to you. A week ago you had a dagger in your heart and would be dead if that fucking witch hadn't given us that blood! So excuse me if I can't 'chill' cause I'm too busy caring about your safety cause you clearly don't,"

This was the Mason I had gotten used to ever since he killed his mate, Avery.

"That's exactly why I'm enjoying my life because a week ago there was a huge chance I would have died so excuse me for celebrating being alive," I retorted, he glared at me his eyes burning with untold fury.

"You're right, you should celebrate since you'll only be alive for a few more days before someone else takes advantage of your weakness," that was it for me those words were all it took for me to lunge at Mason and punch his jaw with all the strength I could muster. I didn't give him the satisfaction of knowing that his jaw was so freakin hard that I'd probably have to ice my fist later.

"Fighting out of anger proves how weak you are," he barely looked affected by my supposedly powerful punch which angered me more so I attempted to punch him again but he caught my hand in his.

"When you fight you turn off your emotions you don't enhance them or you may end up making a fatal mistake such as killing someone," I ignored him and raised my other arm to punch him but he caught it in his and pulled me closer to him. In one swift move he turned me around so my back was pressed against his hard body.