CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

SONG FOR THE CHAPTER:
Fantasy- Alina Baraz

SONG FOR THE CHAPTER:Fantasy- Alina Baraz

This guy has won😂😂😂

Have you ever loved someone so much that you would cut off your own legs just to see them, you would remove your eyeballs if it meant you got to hear their voice forever, you would give up your life just for a moment with them.

Now imagine that person was taken from you.

That was the emptiness I felt.

Pain. Not sorrow, but raw pain. The kind that turns you insane and makes you do things you never thought you were capable of doing just so you can make it go away. Except, this kind of pain doesn't. It lives within you. It becomes a part of you. And now, it is a part of me.

I watched as her body was burnt to ashes. I felt each flame as though I was the one being burnt. But I didn't cry, I didn't feel anything but pain. I knew if I let it all out it would be too much for me to handle so I kept it all in.

Chloe had explained to me that they had to burn her body to eradicate any link that may have remained between her and the Cauven. I didn't care, it was probably best that I didn't see her again. Maybe then I could try and forget.

"Why didn't you attend the funeral?" I looked back and saw Tyler leaning against the attic door in an all black suit.

"Didn't feel like it,"I replied, my eyes fixated on Mason as he collected her ashes into a black tribal vase. He didn't have the right to even be there after he was the one who ended her. I wanted nothing more than to make him feel the pain that currently resided within me. I knew he could see me but he didn't show it.

"How did you know I was here?" I asked turning to face Tyler when I felt the tears threatening to spill.

"Are you kidding? This is my spot, I come here all the time, well mostly when I'm hiding from angry Mason," he laughed but I didn't return it, I simply nodded. "Hey, come on don't do that, don't close off," he said coming closer. His arm wrapped around my shoulder and brought me closer to him. "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry," he whispered.

Normally that would comfort me coming from Tyler but now, all I could think about was how HIS kind killed her. To me he was now the enemy. They all were.

"Shit!" Tyler cursed as his eyes clouded with one emotion, pure hatred.

"What? What is it, what's wrong?" I asked.

"Hunters," I turned around to see Mason with as much hatred in his eyes as Tyler. Instantly the memory of Dalia dying raced into my mind and I made a move to walk past Mason but he caught my arm.

"I know you hate me but-"

"Don't fucking touch me ever again or I will cut off your arm and burn it to ashes like you did her body," I spat as venomously as I could before ripping my arm from his grip and moving to my room.