CHAPTER TEN

SONG FOR THE CHAPTER:
Misguided ghosts- Paramore

What I tell people when they say Vampire Diaries is nonsense!

I looked at Mason's innocent face as he slept and I let my fingers linger over his hard chiseled jawline then run up to his closed eyes, the same eyes that had barely recognized me as he attempted to strangle the life out of me. He had woken up an hour after the witch injected him and asked me to stay with him.

I didn't want to admit it to myself but he was growing on me, they all were actually Mason, Chloe, Elijah and I couldn't help but feel guilty for trying to make new friends while my best friend was still suffering in Evanescent waiting for me to save her just like I promised. I felt a tear roll down my cheek and I quickly wiped it away as I stood up to leave. He probably wouldn't even remember asking me to stay with him when he awoke and that stung a bit but I ignored it and made my way to my room. I threw myself on my bed and immediately sleep found me.

I was awakened by my bedroom door slamming against the wall and I instantly jumped, quite shaken by the loud sound. My eyes widened as Mason came into view looking absolutely livid.

Veins run from his dark red eyes and from his neck and his hands which were almost completely covered in dark fur like he had started shifting but stopped. He stalked towards me and I sat rooted to my bed. "You killed her, didn't you?"

His voice was calm and quite almost a whisper, his jaw tightened when I didn't reply. "SPEAK! DID YOU KILL HER!" I let out a loud yelp as he all but growled at me leaving me shaking in fear as I stared at the beast infront of me. He let out a mirthless laugh and in a second he was a hair away from me.

"You must think this is a joke let me assure you it is not. I will torture you in an endless number of ways that your pretty little head couldn't possibly imagine so I suggest you answer me,"his voice was deep almost a growl and it sounded nothing like Mason's or maybe a very very terrifying much deeper version of Mason's. My breath hitched when his hand came into contact with my cheek, his claws poking into my skin but not hard enough to draw blood.

"Mason I don't..." He punched the wall beside my head immediately silencing me.

"DON'T LIE TO ME!" I screamed as he lifted me against the wall by my neck, his claws digging into my skin. I screamed in pain and struggled to get free from his death-like grip. I could barely hear his threats over my terrified screams as he continued to strangle the life out of me. My vision slowly started to blur and I could feel myself slowly slipping out of consciousness.

Suddenly he let me go and I fell to the ground clutching my neck with my eyes tightly shut. "There's a bed right beside you but sure sit on the hard wooden floor," no doubt it was Chloe speaking.

I opened my eyes and saw Mason lying on the ground with a syringe in his neck.

"I've mind linked Elijah he's coming with the pack doctor," In that moment Elijah appeared in the doorway, a short blonde lady behind him. Elijah gave me a brief nod before carrying Mason out of the room.