CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

SONG FOR THE CHAPTER:
Maybe- Alina Baraz

Moment of silence to appreciate the gorgeous man above...

It had been four months since the hunter's attack, since her passing

The nightmares had gotten worse and now I was drowning myself in coffee to keep me awake through the night but even then I still would find myself shutting my eyes and once again the nightmares would invade my mind.

I watched as the sun slowly set and darkness creeped into my room. Coffee time.
I got off my bed and made my way to the kitchen.

I smelt him before I saw him.

"How long are you going to keep this avoiding act up?" His voice was raspy probably from sleeping.

"Until she rises from the dead," I said humorlessly, walking into the kitchen. I completely ignored his presence and moved to the opposite side of the kitchen to make my coffee. I spun around and came face to face with Mason.

"Move," I glared at him.

"I'm your mate, do you know what that means? You can't avoid me no matter how much you want to, you need me as much as I need you, as you need air," he whispered twirling my hair around his finger.

"You must be deranged if that's what you really think," I spat harshly trying to push him away but this guy was a fucking rock.

"Look me straight in the eye and tell me you don't feel anything when my hands are on your body," he whispered huskily as his hands wrapped around my waist under my thin tank top. Why oh why didn't I put on my night gown. "When my lips are on your skin," he started placing kisses from my collar bone up to my jaw line. Damn this feels so good. Wait what? No, fuck no. His lips are a murderer's lips and they feel disgusting on my skin. And those hands are the same ones that ripped her heart out.

"I feel nothing," I said, happy when my voice came out strong.

"Your body is giving a different reaction. I can smell your arousal mate," he was so close that even when he spoke his lips brushed against mine.

"I'm not your mate, your real mate is dead, you killed her remember just like you killed Dalia," I knew my words hit him hard and I had definitely crossed a line but I didn't try to take back my words because deep down in the darkest part of me I wanted to cause him nothing but pain, the kind of pain that consumed me ever since she died. He stared down at me, his eyes an obsidian color.

"Move, I need to warm my coffee," I murmured playing with the strands of my hair.

"No," he replied his arms still firmly wrapped around my bare waist.

"Excuse me," I raised my eyes to meet his, they were burning with something, not anger, not sadness it was...lust?

"You're mine whether by magic or not and I'll keep saying it I'm glad I chose to take her life instead of yours," and just like that he earned himself a hard ass slap.

Then, as though my slap was nothing, his lips descended on mine faster than my mind could comprehend. His lips were soft and tasted minty but I could still taste some alcohol as he slipped his tongue into my slightly open mouth.

Come on Dimitri do something. Slap him. Kick his balls. Bite his tongue. I chose none of the choices instead I kissed him back with the same hunger and passion that he was kissing me with. I didn't want to admit it but I had missed this feeling and maybe just for now I could forget that I was kissing the lips of Dalia's murderer.

Heat. Pure heat is all I felt as I kissed him back angrily with as much vigor.

His hands moved to my ass as he hoisted me onto the marble table. My legs wrapped around his waist and my hands tangled in his soft silky hair. I moaned loudly when his lips touched a certain point on my neck. I felt his hands move up and down the sides of my body over my top before they disappeared under it leaving a blazing trail in their wake. His mouth returned to my lips and I gladly let him in. I was on cloud nine and I wanted him to take me higher. I didn't even know what the hell that meant. His fingers brushed against the underside of my bra, taunting me.

"Mason, please," what I was pleasing for, I had no fucking idea. All I knew was that I wanted him and I wanted him bad to the point where it actually hurt, why? I had no idea.

"Dimitri are you fine?" He stopped all his movements and moved his head from my neck to face me.

"What?" I panted still high from the amazing things he was doing to my body.

"You're aroused,"

"No shit Sherlock," I replied moving closer to him silently begging him to continue his sweet torture.

"No I mean you're , you're burning up, are you sure you're feeling okay," a concerned look covered his lustful eyes and instantly I snapped out whatever trance the idiot had put me in.

"No, I think I'm becoming as deranged as you are considering what I just let you do," I unhooked my legs from around his waist and pulled my top down from the awkward position it had managed to fold itself at. I pushed him away and this time he let me or so I thought. He grabbed my arm and pulled me into his chest.

"I think I just found out what's happening to you mate," he whispered against my burning skin and desire instantly returned.

"Youre in heat,"

Fuckity fuck she's in heat??? Damn okay.

That song is the first song that actually matches what's going on in the chapter. Yay me:)
Thank you guys for 100 votes. I will try my best to keep updating often.

Remember to comment and vote.

Mkay bye.

~Abbtenie