CHAPTER SEVEN

SONG FOR THE CHAPTER:
Fantasy-Alina Baraz

Why was I here? Because he promised he would give me answers

Why was I here? Because he promised he would give me answers. I'm here to get answers. I knocked on the familiar door and it opened almost immediately.

'Didn't think you would come,' he said opening the door wider so I could enter.

"Is that why you were so quick to open the door," I raised my eyebrow at him.

"Nope," he sat on his bed gesturing for me to do the same, but I was not going near that bed again. "I was hoping it was Elena, you know the gorgeous girl who beat the shit out of you and would have probably killed you had I not intervened,"

I licked my lips and looked him dead in the eye.  "Is this the part where I get jealous?"

Hé came closer so that I could feel his cool breath fanning my cheek as he replied.

"Allow me to tell you what I do to Elena once we're behind closed doors and I'm sure you will be" blood rushed to my cheeks. All my snappy comebacks vanished.

"Nothing to say, and here I thought I'd never get you to shut up," his eyes focused on my lips and they darkened even more.

How it happened, I don't know but I found myself leaning forward and connecting our lips. My lips met his and for a second I thought I did something wrong before he finally responded taking full control of the kiss, his tongue expertly slid in between my lips and I moaned lowly in pleasure. His hand wrapped around my waist as he pulled me closer to him while deepening the kiss. I let my hands get lost in his soft silky hair and arched into him when his lips descended to my neck.

If this was how being kissed felt then I can understand why sluts exist. It felt amazing, my entire body was afire with need.

It didn't last very long before I was thrown against the wall by a very pissed Mason, clearly people here cared little for my spine which was literally crying out in pain.

"You're not her and you're not mine. You belong to another. This is wrong, you are wrong," I blinked twice hoping I was dreaming.

"W-what?" My voice was barely louder than a whisper.

Mason, the first guy I actually wouldn't mind being married to rejected me for some girl. I looked at Mason and gasped in horror, his nails were elongating and his eyes were nothing but a sea of black. "Go, before I do something I'll regret,"

"Like kissing me," I seriously needed a filter between my brain and my mouth. I closed my eyes and immediately opened them when I heard the cracking of bones. Mason was no longer there, in his place stood a huge wolf. I screamed not bothering to hide my fear.

We were taught about werewolves and other mythical creatures in Evanescent but most people believed it was a whole load of bullshit including me.

The wolf began stalking towards me and I could do nothing but stay put and scream for all it was worth. He stopped a foot away from me as if he was debating whether to kill me or let me be, he decided on the latter as he jumped off his balcony and sprinted into the woods.

The door suddenly flung open revealing a very confused Chloe.

"What the hell happened?" Chloe asked, staring intently at me. I looked at her and noticed she had claw marks on her arm.

"You're injured," she looked at her arm, shrugged and focused her gaze back on me.

"Fine, I kissed him and well he kinda kissed me back then he just pushed me away saying I wasn't her and I wasn't his and I belonged to someone else then he went all beasty. In my defense I never knew you had such a bipolar Alpha," I confessed.

Chloe's eyes widened and she threw me against the wall. I watched in horror as her hand curled into a fist.

"Chloe! Leave her alone now!" I turned and saw Elijah walking towards us.

"Why the hell should I? She's a fucking slut she deserves what's coming to her Elijah! She's not his mate and she fucking kissed him!"

She looked absolutely livid.

"Chloe you need to calm down now, go for a run and don't come back until you get your emotions under control," Elijah looked calm but there was an edge to his voice. Chloe glared at me again before leaving. Elijah helped me up and I muttered a thanks. He nodded and we started walking towards my room.

"What happened to Mason?" I asked trying to cam my erratically beating heart.

"Im not entirely sure, this normally doesn't happen. He should be able to be with whoever he chooses until he finds his mate. Strange that his wolf didn't accept you," Elijah replied also quite confused.

A part of me felt jealous that he had been with other women and his wolf had accepted them even though they were not his mate.

"If he has been with other women before, then why did Chloe react that way to me?"

"Don't worry about it, she beats up every single female who is with the Alpha unless of course, he is the one who wants them,"

Is this guy unconsciously insulting me or is he deliberately doing it. He basically insinuated that I forced Mason to kiss me which I so didn't. He could've pushed me away but he didn't. But then again he wasn't the one who started it, all he did was start a fire and I lit that bitch up.

"You should keep intimate contact at a minimum," I felt my cheeks heat up. "You're not his mate so stop trying to be. You'll only bring pain to him and yourself," I turned around to face him.

"I'd rather die than be his mate," liesssssssss. I didn't wait for his reply, I entered my room and slammed the door. I threw myself onto my bed and willed sleep to come. Hopefully I could dream my problems away.

Have you ever had those moments when you're watching a movie where you want the good guy to win but he sucks so obviously the bad guy will win and you get mad so to avoid disappointment you convince yourself that you actually don't want the good guy to win... Well I have and so has Dimitri, what about you guys?
~Abbtenie