CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE

Special thank you to @Adelaigne
For the splendid cover in the picture above, I absolutely love it.

Anyone else who would like to contribute a cover just send me a message and I'll send you my email address. Appreciated.

As promised the exquisite reader:

@theia_kaiser_

"And the beauty awakes, how did you sleep darling?" Damien calmly asked as though he were not just about to end Mason's life a minute ago.

"What is he doing here?" I asked referring to a very bloody Mason.

"Getting his ass handed to him on a silver platter, perhaps I should make it more obvious," Damien smirked before punching Mason squarely in the jaw. I heard a sickening crack follow indicating that he had possibly dislocated his jaw.

I could handle blood, but this was a bit too much, I mean Mason was dripping blood all over the floor and yet Damien was still hitting him.

"Stop! I think it's obvious enough," I shouted before I could stop myself.

Damien froze his eyes moving from his prey to me. His piercing gray eyes bore holes into mine as he released Mason. He looked pretty angry but his anger was kind of the least of my concerns. I needed to find a way out of here and back to the hunters, hopefully they would accept me or at least Aiden would.

"Dimitri-"

"Say her name once more and I'll send you to join your Beta," Damien growled his gray eyes slowly changing to black.

Mason growled back at the mention of Ian. His Beta. His Beta who I had helped kill. I remembered his name scribbled on the werewolf board of death and suddenly I didn't feel guilty for aiding in his murder. It was simply justice.

"How did you get out?" Damien asked his eyes, returning to their usual color.

"Window," I replied without thinking.

Stupid me, now he'll probably go and seal every window in the bloody mansion, way to go Dimitri, way to go.

"Brave, just like your sister, Dalia was it? Pity she died, well actually was murdered by the person you're currently defending, how forgiving of you," his words were provoking and they were enough to do the trick.

I walked to Mason and punched him right in his jaw. And that is how I learnt why weaker people opt for slapping rather than punching. For starters it doesn't cause your hand to break and it also doesn't cause you to scream in pain after what was meant to be a superhero moment.

"Are you made of fucking stone or something?" I cursed clutching my hand to my chest. 

Before I could stop him, Mason took my hand and massaged it. I'm sorry I thought after someone punches you you're supposed to be livid and try to hurt them back not help them. Yet here he was helping me, well causing me more pain by moving my hand around but still helping me. Weird.

"Damien she needs-"

"Don't fucking touch her," Damien growled before throwing Mason against the wall. And before I could register what was happening they were fighting. Again.

"You don't even care for her and yet you claim to be better for her," Mason growled as he clawed at Damien's chest.

In a flash, Damien was holding Mason's neck ready to snap it. "If you weren't an Alpha I would kill you here and now but seen as your pack has no one else to look after it I'll spare your pathetic life. However, if you ever trespass onto my grounds or try and come for her ever again I will murder you and your entire pack, understand?"

Mason growled but eventually submitted. "There's a good dog," Damien smirked before releasing him. "Now run along before I change my mind about your survival,"

"You don't deserve her, King," Mason snared his words heavy with venom and hatred. Then with one glance at me he wolf sped away.

Wait, did Damien just say he came to try and rescue me?

"Why was he here?" I asked my voice higher than usual. Ew.

"Attempting a pathetic excuse of a rescue mission," he replied casually while walking out of the room.

"Why didn't you just let him take me, if I'm your period?" The words tumbled out of my mouth on impulse and I instantly wished I could take them back.

My cheeks slowly reddened and I cast my eyes to the ground to avoid meeting his. I am so embarrassed right now I honestly wish someone could slap me to change the subject.

And that my friends is exactly what I did, slapped myself right on the cheek. Pretty hard if I may add.

"I'm gonna go now," I muttered more to myself than to Damien and made a move to step around a stationary Damien but he caught my arm preventing me from doing so.

"Who told you that?" He asked lifting my chin with two fingers so my eyes met his.

"No-" I was about to lie right through my teeth until my eyes met his pure dark ones and my lie literally ran away.

"I don't know who she is," I confessed.

"Unfortunately I do," he muttered his eyes returning to their stormy grey color. He released my arm and walked to another room at the end of the hall. Not having anywhere else to go, I followed like a lost puppy. I pushed the door open and walked in on Damien removing his t shirt.

"Oh, I'm so sorry, I uh-" he turned around and my words disappeared into thin air because the man before me just became a hundred times finer. My eyes unconsciously travelled down to his sturdy abs and right down to his v line then slowly back up to a tattoo on his arm that I had never noticed before. I had always been a fan of tattoos mostly because they were a sign of rebellion in Evanescent and my mom hated them but also because they were gorgeous. And his was by far the best tat I had ever come across. It ran from his shoulder down to his wrist and spilled slightly onto his left peck. Damn. I couldn't quite see what it was exactly but from where I was standing it looked sexy as hell.

"Don't worry love it's yours for the taking," his voice snapped me out of the trance his body put me in and I blushed again.

He took a two strides and was a hair away from me in an instance. We stared at each other for approximately five minutes before he moved away.

"I'm going to have a shower, get some rest tomorrow is quite eventful, well today actually," he said before walking into the bathroom and locking the door.

I looked at the huge King sized bed that was practically calling my name and threw myself into it. In a few, sleep found me and my mind drifted off to a certain tattooed Alpha.

1. Don't pick up the phone you know he's only calling cause he's drunk and alone.

2. Don't let him in you'll have to kick him out again.

3. Don't be his friend you know you're gonna wake up in his bed in the morning.

I got new rules I broke them. :(

~Abbtenie