CHAPTER SEVEN (Part Two)

SONG FOR THE CHAPTER:
Ashes-Madi Diaz

My heart was pounding against my chest as I took small steps towards her

My heart was pounding against my chest as I took small steps towards her. I knew she would hurt me but I felt like she had hypnotized me and there was nothing I could do to stop it. As soon as I was within arms reach, she held my temple and began chanting come words. My head started pounding like someone was banging it against a wall continuously. I screamed but she didn't stop. She dropped her hands and stared into my eyes "I will find you, that's a promise and I'm quite good at keeping my promises,"

"Dimitri! Dimitri!" my eyes snapped open and connected with Chloe's brown ones. It was just a dream, no one would find me, no one was hunting me.

"I'm surprised you're talking to me," I stepped out of my sultry bed.

"Mason wants to see you," she ignored my remark and exited the room.

I showered and put on white shorts, a black and white crop top and black timberlands that Chloe had bought me. I walked slowly to Mason's room thinking of what I would say to him. I knocked loudly before entering and found Mason hunched over his desk. "Uh, Mason..." He looked tired and I could tell he had barely slept.

"They're close they have a source close by," I walked towards the desk and eyed the pictures on it. I gasped as I identified them. There was a picture of Mason and I kissing with a caption below, 'Your mate must be so proud' Another was of me screaming in my bed, that must have been from last night. 'You can't protect her forever' was written underneath. I never got to see the others as Mason threw them off his desk in a fit of rage.

This was not only crazy stalking but terrifying as well. That meant my dream wasn't just a nightmare. It was real. Someone was after me and they were hell bent on finding and killing me.

"Mason are..." he interrupted me before I could finish.

"The Cauven is hunting you down. I can't protect you from them and I can't let them take you, but I know someone who can protect you, funny considering how he's actually the one who wanted you in the first place," he looked at me apologetically "The Alpha King,"

"No! Mason he's a murderer, I'll be dead the minute I'm within a five meter radius!" I yelled. Had he lost his mind. The Alpha King was the reason Evanescent was created, him and his pack of super wolves which I now believed truly existed after seen Mason shift into one.

"He ordered you to bring me to him and this whole time I thought you were my kidnapper," it all made sense now Mason had been trying to protect me from the Alpha King.

"He wouldn't go through so much to get you just so he can kill you," I stared at him in disbelief, did he really just try and make the Alpha King seem reasonable! He was anything but it, he once slaughtered an entire village because of one person, that is assuming everything I was taught about him in Evanescent is true. He was ruthless.

"Mason I'm begging you don't let him take me. I'll do anything you ask of me," He took a step closer and cupped my face in his hands. I wrapped my arms around his waist, silently begging him. "I'm sorry Dimitri I can't put my pack in danger because of you," he whispered. I was going to die, this was Mason's way of telling me that.

"I'm gonna die," when Mason didn't reply, my fears were confirmed. I didn't bother holding back my tears anymore, what was the use? They would flow anyways when I was begging the Alpha King for mercy.

Mason's arms tightened around me,"I'm so sorry" he released me from his hold much to my dismay.

"Mason what did you do?" I looked into his eyes which held an unknown emotion. "It had to be done," I was about to ask him what he was saying when the door opened. Two men walked in and grabbed me. It took me a minute to understand what was happening. I struggled against their hold, screaming at them to let me go while Mason pretended to be oblivious to my abduction.

"Mason! You can't let them take me!" I screamed at the top of my lungs.

"Dimitri don't make this harder than it has to be. I'm trying to protect you," the men carried me up by my arms and legs with me screaming, kicking, biting and doing absolutely everything and anything to get free but eventually they managed to carry me into a black car.

I continued screaming until my screams turned into sobs. I buried my face in my hands and cried my eyes out. One thing was certain, I would die at the hands of a werewolf.

Dimitri really needs to learn how to fight she could have totally kicked their asses. Remember to comment your thoughts whether good or bad cause honestly I don't mind.
~Abbtenie