CHAPTER ELEVEN

SONG FOR THE CHAPTER:
Beating heart- Ellie Goulding

It was silent with the exception of my knives hitting the targets

It was silent with the exception of my knives hitting the targets. Knife-throwing had become my way to release anger or think. I removed the blindfold covering my eyes when I heard footsteps approaching me.

He was dressed in a wife beater and shorts looking calm as ever like he hadn't tried to kill me a week ago.

"You're really good at it," he nodded towards towards the knives which were embedded firmly in the targets. "Your birthday is today I believe," he continued when I didn't respond. It was my birthday and thanks to him I wouldn't be spending it with someone I love.

"Mason cut the crap, we both know you're not here to remind me about my birthday or congratulate me," I crossed my arms and looked at Mason waiting for an answer.

"Fight me," he said, taking slow steps towards me.

"Are you fucking serious? I have..." I was cut off when Mason picked up a knife and threw it at me forcing me to duck, a loud sound coming from behind me as the knife landed on the target.  "You could've killed me you idiot!"

"I guess I'm not so bad either. Fight me," he demanded again and I grabbed a knife and threw it at him using his moment of distraction to run and punch him- well try and punch him. He caught my hand midway and threw me back. 'I can do this' I told myself repeatedly as I got to my feet ready for another round. I grabbed a knife and threw it at him, smirking when I managed to nick his ear. His hand moved to his ear as if he couldn't believe I'd actually managed to injure him, I could hit targets with my eyes closed and he thought I couldn't hit him with my eyes open what a fool.

I raised my leg to kick him but he caught it midway, his fingers digging into my thigh,"Not bad for an amateur," I glared at him and freed my leg from his hold ready to attack him again. He threw me against the wall but I recovered quickly and managed to push him against the wall as I picked up a knife and placed it on his neck.

"Not bad for an amateur huh?" I smirked, applying a bit of pressure on his neck to show him I was in a position to kill him if I wanted to. His eyes darkened and he switched our positions.

"Then I guess you deserve a prize," he crashed his lips onto mine and his arm encircled my waist as he pulled me closer removing all the distance between us. I stood trying to process what was happening, but that didn't stop Mason as he pushed me harder against the wall. My eyes fluttered shut as I let my lips move against his, completely losing myself in the kiss. I gasped as his hands travelled to my lower back then my ass, lifting me up and my legs automatically wrapped around his waist. A part of me knew this was wrong, a very very very small part but it was impossible for me to think straight with Mason's hands on my body, his tongue dancing on mine and his intoxicating smell engulfing me completely.

"Mason," I sighed as his lips moved from mine to my jaw to my neck where he continued placing soft kisses as I let my hands get lost in his hair. He pushed me farther against the wall so that he could use both his hands to explore my body.