CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN

Okay do remember how I promised to mention one of my amazing readers each chapter? Yeah well here goes.

P. S this doesn't mean the rest of you aren't supportive and shit so don't get your knickers in a twist.

Amazing reader: @sexyseg21

My palms were sweating as I took small steps towards the familiar door. I knew what was in there but I couldn't stop walking, I wanted to but I wasn't in control.

As I pushed the door slightly ajar, I saw him, taking threatening strides towards her. I knew I couldn't change the past but that didn't prevent me from trying.

I sprung into action and bashed his head with my fists. He spun around and hit me so hard I flew across the room and crashed against the wall.

"You have failed yet again, Dimitri," he said darkly, the words that continuously echoed in my mind as he strode over to her while I lay slumped against the wall still not recovered.

"Dimitri! Dimitri! Help me!" She screamed as he towered over her feeble body.

I screamed at him for mercy while struggling to get up. I had barely stood up when I heard her ear piercing scream.

Dead. She was dead. And just like always I couldn't save her.

I knew it was a dream but the pain that came crashing back in enormous waves wasn't. I tried to awake but I couldn't, I was imprisoned in my own mind with my worst memory. I had never dreamt about her ever since she died but then again I had never been forced to sleep without pills and coffee.

I was forced to watch as her beating organ was dropped to the ground beside her lifeless body. I screamed and screamed until my throat hurt but I didn't stop.

"Dimitri! Dimitri!" I heard a voice shouting my name, loudly enough to bring me out of my nightmare.

My eyes snapped open but quickly shut when they came into contact with the bright lamp above me. My nose was dripping with some sticky liquid and I momentarily wondered if it was mucus until I reached up and felt the blood.

"Is she awake?" I heard another voice ask, an unfamiliar one.

"Yes, barely conscious though, we were certain she wouldn't make it through," the voice that shouted my name responded.

I struggled to peel my eyes open but it was excruciatingly painful and all I wanted to do was lie still. With much difficulty I managed to open them and adjust to the well lit room.

"Well then I suppose you have her to thank for your lives," I painfully tilted my head to get a better view of the man speaking.

He looked important and possibly intimidating. It was then that I noticed how shitty I probably looked with blood all over my nose as mouth.

I wiped the blood on my sleeve, having no better option.

"Miss Sontiago, would you mind answering a few questions that may help us know what happened to you?" He said walking up to me.

Clearly these werewolves lacked common courtesy. I just had the worst fucking time of my miserable life relived and he has the effrontery to ask if he can question me.

"Fuck off," I whispered my voice cracking, I sounded like a zombie.

"Has this ever happened before?" He proceeded after handing me a glass of warm water.

"Do I need to repeat myself?" I asked after gulping down the whole glass.

I was mad, at myself, at my stupid brain for remembering the only memory I wanted to eradicate, at him, at his kind for being hella strong and mostly at the fucking sex god himself for making my life shittier then it already was. If I could I would go back to Evanescent immediately, I was beyond done with the supernatural!

"Miss Sontiago this is for your safety, we need to know what happened so we know how to help you," he explained clearly getting frustrated.

"You wanna help me? Go fuck yourself and leave me the fuck alone!" I sneered my rage growing by the second.

My breathing was becoming heavier and my hands were shaking, actually my entire body was trembling. I needed my pills or it was goodbye Dimitri for me.

I should've told the asshole that when I had the chance. I thought as I tried to speak but couldn't.

I can't die, not before avenging her. Come on Dimtiri you can't die, not now!

"Call him!" The man growled and I figured he was referring to the Alpha King.

"He'll be livid if someone interrupts his meeting," the woman from earlier replied.

"Well he'll be even more livid if she fucking dies, now go!" He growled as he tried to hold me down in order to sedate me.

"D-d-don't," I whispered weakly simultaneously coughing up blood. I was dying and I didn't know what to do. A predicament I always seem to find myself in.

He was about to jab the syringe into my neck when the door burst open and in walked the cause of all this. The Alpha King himself.

"You told me you had it under control!" He growled at the man holding me down, his eyes turning darker with each word.

"Alpha, I don't know what-"

"Move," he interrupted.

Normally I would've opposed but seen as my mouth was to busy coughing up blood, I doubt I would've managed.

"Leave," he growled lowly and instantly everyone scattered out of the room leaving me with the man I loathed as much as Mason. If not more.

He sat me up and held me in his arms before whispering a small apology in my ear.

"You can't die, not just yet,"

I was about to cough up more blood when his canines sunk deep into my neck.

I screamed and writhed around in his arms but he held onto me firmly, his teeth not leaving my neck as I screamed in pain.

His grasp around my waist tightened as he retracted his canines from my neck, and blood trickled down my neck.

Was that how I was going to die, from a werewolf bite? Or worse would I die and come back as a werewolf?

All these thoughts evaporated from my mind as I slipped out of consciousness.

Please brain, do me a favor...

...don't dream.

No, this isn't a syringe this is an actual werewolf marking!

Dun! Dun! Dun!

Guys I'm really sorry about taking forever with this update cause you guys reached ten votes a long ass time ago. Love you for that by the way :)

If there's anyone out there who may be a little confused or something just go ahead and ask and I'll make sure to answer.

Remember to comment, I love reading your comments on my characters and the book in general, they make my day :)

Place your vote now, your vote, your choice! (#electionvibes)

Mkay bye:)

~Abbtenie