CHAPTER FIVE

SONG FOR THE CHAPTER:
Make you feel-Alina Baraz & Galimatias

SONG FOR THE CHAPTER:Make you feel-Alina Baraz & Galimatias

Worst thing ever!

My eyes were hurting from all the crying I had done and I hated them all for making me feel so vulnerable. My family was suppose to be the only people I could trust and yet they betrayed me.

My room wasn't bad though it was cold but I didn't really care anymore. Some maids had brought me food earlier but I threw it out.

I heard a knock on the door but I ignored it "I know you're in there, your repulsive scent can be smelt from the junction," it was definitely Mia but I didn't feel like talking to her or anyone at the moment, I felt like running away from all this bullshit and just forgetting everything.

"See, she doesn't want to talk to you I mean who would you just sold her to the devil himself," I heard Dalia's muffled cries and immediately I shot up and opened the door. Her eyes were red and her cheeks were stained with tears. She engulfed me in a bear hug while muttering how sorry she was. I had missed her but she had been a part of my betrayal while I had been struggling to find a way to save her from Evanescent. I didn't hug her back.

"Dushiy I'm so..." I was taken back when I heard what she called me. She used to call me that when we were younger cause she couldn't say 'Dimitri' I hated the name so in return I called her Cootie cause she was the cutest baby I'd ever seen. However this time it didn't make me laugh or call her 'Cootie' it made me mad.

"Don't," I interrupted her"You lost the right to call me that when you sold me for some fucking guards," I was now shouting but I wanted her to know how mad I was. "Had you been planning my betrayal the whole time while I was trying to help you escape from Evanescent," I didn't know I was crying until I heard a teardrop, my teardrop hit the woolen carpet. I actually heard a tear fall amidst all the apologies and muffled cries. My head was spinning and everything around me became a blur. My body felt like it was burning and there was nothing I could do to cool it except scream in pain until my lungs protested.

Suddenly all sounds were blocked out and all I could hear was a girl chanting some words which brought me more pain, I squeezed my eyes shut in hopes that it would take the pain away but I was badly mistaken. The room seemed to be spinning which increased the pain of my headache. I don't know how long I had screamed for before the pain subsided and I was engulfed in the arms of darkness.

********************************************

When I woke up, I was on a comfortable bed covered by silk sheets. I snuggled deeper into the sheets but halted when I realized that they weren't mine and neither was the bed I was in.

"I see your finally awake," without waiting to see who spoke I grabbed the nearest weapon which was an antique clock and threw it towards the voice.

"Shit! What the hell was that for?!" I watched him rub his head uncertain of what to do, I'd tried apologizing but something tells me he couldn't hear the apologies in my head.

"So, what are you doing in my room?" I knew quite well that this wasn't my room but I felt the need to make him forget that I threw a clock at him deliberately.

"Darling, this is my room..." I looked around and spotted a few familiar things. A horrific yet pleasant thought crosse my mind, if this was his room and these were his things then I suppose it must also be his bed, right? "And you're in my bed," he confirmed my guesses. I blushed, turning my head so he couldn't see my pink cheeks.

"Oh right," could I get any lamer as in I should be in the Guinness book of records for lamest person on the planet. Any normal girl in my current position would have ended up appealing to Mason but since I-the lamest girl alive-am not normal I ended up struggling to get out of Mason's bed without messing it up only to realize that I was in a vest and shorts so I sheepishly crawled back into his bed and covered up begging someone to save me from my embarrassment. Even though I wasn't looking at Mason I could feel his eyes boring holes into mine.

"They managed to injure you," his gaze shifted to my throbbing arm, his eyes darkening to an endless sea of black.

"What do you mean 'they'"

"The Cauven, no doubt they know that you're out of Evanescent and they will stop at nothing to find you," his voice was a whisper as he said the last part.

In Evanescent we were taught about them, they were witches and not like the fairy-god-mother typa witches, as in the snap my fingers and your dead type of witches. We were also told if we ever left Evanescent they would be there to kill us before we made it a kilometer away and if we ever got further than the werewolves would be there to finish is off, but I never really believed that shit I mean like they really couldn't come up with a better reason to keep us in that hell hole, perhaps a more realistic one.

"Um, okay. I have two things to say, one witches are just a made up story for five-year olds so please get yourself a better lie for a seventeen-year old and two, what do these so called 'witches' want with me anyway?"

He came closer until I could smell his exotic scent. His hand made contact with my neck as he spoke in a whisper,"Power, strength, leverage..." His eyes darted to my lips and I felt myself turn pink again. "Some just want you," it was impossible to think straight with him so close.

"What do you want from me?" He stared intently at me, his eyes boring holes in mine.

"I want a lot of things from you, but for now I'll settle for your obedience and cooperation," and with that he was at the door, he turned to face me before leaving.

"Remember, you're not allowed in here," he smirked before leaving.

So I know you're hella confused right now or at least you have many questions and I promise you all of them will be answered but you just have to wait and read on.
Guys comment please I need to know what you guys think I'm not a mind reader so for Chloe's sake, comment
~Abbtenie