CHAPTER THREE

I woke up with a banging headache, my vision was blurry and so were the memories of what last happened

"She's awake, tell the Alpha," an unfamiliar face appeared barely inches away from me. His tone made me feel extremely unsafe and I tried to move away from him but my body wouldn't cooperate.

"It's a serum it paralyses you for an hour, so you have about five more minutes till things get bad," he smirked before leaving me in the dark room alone.

I tried to count the minutes until the end of my movement restrictions but the banging headache made it impossible. Finally my vision cleared and my headache ceased as though it was never there. Guess my five minutes are up.

I stood up, holding the wall to steady myself. When I finally found my footing I looked around the dimly lit room, funny thing was that it had no scent and for a second I thought my nose was blocked.

I walked around the room looking for a way out but I could barely see a thing as in whoever built this place clearly didn't value lighting.

I was too busy trying to find a source of light that I didn't notice the door open. I spun around and came face to face with a girl. I couldn't see her that well but her strong scent was pretty noticeable. She grabbed my hand and pulled me out of the room and down a hall. The lighting became better as we moved further away from the room, as if realizing this she released my hand from her strong grip and beckoned for me to follow her.

"Where are we going?" My voice sounded strangled, like I was about to collapse which I probably was. She ignored me and walked faster.

Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed she should really try waking up paralyzed; it's the best thing ever.

The corridor was lined with antique paintings of different people, a painting of a handsome young man caught my eye. He was clad in a dark suit and wore a smile that didn't quite reach his eyes. His eyes, like endless pools of blue.

"Are you done staring or do you want your own personal copy?" I turned around to find the girl inspecting her nails like they were the most fascinating thing.

I looked her up and down inspecting her short dress and kitten heels. If we were in Evanescent she would've been arrested, actually if we were in Evanescent she wouldn't even have such clothes.

"What? Do you want a picture of me too?" she sneered, glaring at me through her fake eyelashes which were coated with dark mascara.

"Nah, I'd rather have the painting it's more real," I snapped back tired of her attitude. She kidnapped me and she had the audacity to act like she's the one who'd been kidnapped!

I turned around and started walking away from her, maybe I could outrun her in her heels and get the hell out of wherever I was.

I didn't get very far before she threw me against the wall and held me up by my neck. "Listen and listen well cause I'll only warn you once," she sneered "this is not Evanescent where there are laws or rules to keep pussys like you safe, here the death of a thing as unimportant as you would go unnoticed..." I cut her off before she could finish her bitch speech

"If my death would be so meaningless why aren't I dead?" My mouth and my brain were not in sync.

My brain was still processing her words. So if we weren't in Evanescent, then where the hell were we? Where was my mother, did she know that Damon had kidnapped me? Where was Damon?

Her eyes flashed a dark color before she took a step closer to me so I could see how absolutely livid she was.

"I shit you not if it were up to me you would be dead by now," she let go of me, regained her posture and walked on like nothing had happened. "Follow or I will drag you by your hair," she shouted when she noticed that I was still where she left me.

She was definitely doing this on purpose thanks to Evanescent's no-running policy, my speed was equivalent to that of a snail but I was not going to let some Barbie-bitch string me along like I was her pet, so I sat on the cold hard floor and leaned against the wall. Touch my hair bitch, I dare you.

I closed my eyes in hope of finding my special place of tranquility stored at the back of my mind with happy memories only.

My head was spinning and it was impossible to concentrate on any one of the thoughts and questions that were spiraling through.

As a kid, Evanescent was like a dream come true there were no punishments or rules, just pure fun what every child wants. However all good things eventually come to an end and so did my happy days. The rules came in bits so we found them easy to obey at first, when we hit ten years all fun was over no more freedom or happiness and I hated it with every fibre of my petite body, so I was not going to let some more insane people steal my freedom away from me no matter what.

So with a new determination, I got up and started walking in the opposite direction from the anger issues bitch. I took several turns in hopes of losing her and also finding an exit but I had no luck on the latter or the former it seemed.

"Where did that bitch go, my job is not to play hide-and-seek with such an unworthy creature," the Barbie-bitch was just a few steps away from me, fucking great!

"Of course it's not," it was another girl "Your job is to sleep with anything that walks," I immediately took a liking to the girl.

"Oh Chloe the guys have to want you first, must explain why you're still a virgin," so the nice chick was called Chloe, that was definitely not an Evanescent name.

"Oh Mia, the cheapest products attract the most customers and 'cheap' is your middle name," Chloe retorted.

Well atleast I got their names, mean bitch is Mia and cool chick is Chloe both names were not Evanescent names which meant that they were from the outside.

Shit!

Like a truck, the realization settled in. I was actually out of Evanescent. Granted it wasn't under my own free will but I was finally out!

I took cautious steps backward hoping that they were too distracted to hear anything. Once I had put enough distance between us I started running, I had no clue where I was going but I hoped I was running towards an exit. After turning a few corners I came to a section of the humongous palace that was separated from the other rooms. I stood infront of a large double-door debating what to do. I didn't get to decide as the sound of Mia's heels could be heard in the near distance.

I am stupid, the epitome of all stupidity actually and that's why I ended up opening the double-doors in order to get away from Mia and coming face to face with an Adonis.

Is it getting better? I have to say I love Chloe she's like my favorite character in the whole book and she gets a lot better in the next chapters so stay tuned.

Comment

-Abbtenie