CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE

^picture of the dress she wore, nice or...^ and how she looked (that's not Phoebe though)

^ and how she looked (that's not Phoebe though)

SONG FOR THE CHAPTER:
Reason- Plaza

"We can't go it's out of the question," Chloe said glaring at Emily. "Her mate might be there and then what,"

Apparently the Alpha King had called for a party at the castle grounds. Why? Well because he can, he's the fucking King.

"I completely agree, it's too risky," Elijah said.

"Well we don't have much of an option seen as he only invited the officials of the packs, if we don't show up it will raise suspicions and he might come and investigate," Mason replied.

"Fine. You both go but Dimitri if you sense that your mate is close by leave immediately," Chloe said and Mason growled clearly feeling the need to show he was the boss.

"You must be mistaken Chloe, we were not seeking your permission," his eyes were black and I could tell his wolf was in control.

Chloe immediately bowed her head in submission as did everyone else in the room.

"Um, Chloe you said if I sense my mate, how the hell am I supposed to do that," I asked staring straight at her hoping that she didn't get the wrong message that we were cool now.

"Well, either you smell him, his scent will stand out or when your eyes connect which is the most dangerous in your case cause he'll know who you are instantly or when you make skin to skin contact you'll feel sparks okay not sparks you'll feel-"

"-like your entire being is on fire," I finished for her.

"Exactly. Wait how do you know have you felt that with someone other than Mason?" She asked and all eyes landed on me.

Yes. I had felt that with the person I had been running away from. The person who I danced with at the Wolfstrix. The person who everyone feared. The person whose party I was attending. The Alpha King.

"Dimitri!" I looked at Chloe, it was obvious she was hoping my answer would be no.

I wanted to say yes so that I could leave Mason's pack and never see him again but I didn't necessarily trust this Alpha King especially after hearing all those stories in Evanescent.

"No, of course not I just read about it in Evanescent," I lied and looked down. My eyes always betrayed my lies.

"Chloe will help you get ready," Mason said.

"Does it have to be her," I asked emphasizing my distaste.

"It can either be her or Elena," Mason said with a smug look on his face.

"Why can't the girl who did my makeup the first time do it for me again?" I whined.

"She's busy,"