chapter 58: i'll always be here for you

Start from the beginning

I change into my pj's and lay on my bed. I figure I'll rest a bit and then check up on my dad. Scott is going to come over again later and I'm going to help him, Kira, and Stiles figure out as much as we can about the talons, and the beast. The internet isn't much help though.

Scott and Liam still aren't really talking to each other. Malia and Stiles aren't talking either, and when Scott asked for her help, she said she couldn't help him. Scott thinks she's probably looking for her mom with Braeden's help...he thinks he wants to kill her. And Lydia is helping Parrish figure out what his role is in stopping the beast from killing us all.

Things are slowly getting better, but they aren't perfect. We still have a lot of work to do, but we'll put the pack back together again. Scott is our leader, and we need him, we'll follow him.

I look out the window, the sun has set and night is falling over Beacon Hills. I close my eyes, which are tired and red from crying earlier today. Without wanting to, I fall asleep.

-------------------------------

four hours later

I wake up and all the lights in my room are off. Stiles must've turned them off. I sit up in bed and turn my nightlight on, and when I do I see someone standing in the corner of my room.

Their face is hidden in the shadows, but when they walk towards me and into the light, I recognize them instantly.

"Josh? What-how?" He doesn't say anything. He just keeps walking towards me and I get out of bed. "Oh my God, you're ok!"

I reach out my hand to him. He's here. He's back. My best friend. But he doesn't take my hand, he grabs me by my shoulders and slams me into the wall. "Does it look like I'm ok to you!?" he yells in my face. On his neck, the slash marks appear and blood oozes out of them and down onto his shirt, soaking it in blood.

"What? What happened?" I ask, confused.

"You! You happened. This is all your fault. I'm dead because of you. You did this to me!" he yells.

"Josh, stop! Please!" I tell him, trying to push him away.

"This is all your fault, you did this to me!" he yells, over and over again. He grabs me, and slams me into the wall again. I slide down the wall, and sit on the floor with my  knees to my chest. I look at my hands, they are covered in his blood. He's still yelling at me, the same thing over and over again. I cover my ears, trying to block out his words but I can still hear them clearly.

So I scream. I scream trying to block out his yelling.

---------------------------

I wake up screaming, tears rolling down my face.

This is all your fault, you did this!

I can't stop screaming. I can still hear him and I want to drown out his words.

I remember the blood on my hands and want to scrub it off. And I do so violently, scratching my arms and hands in the process. But there was never any blood on my hands, it was just a dream. A nightmare.

Stiles comes rushing in. "Hey, what happened!?"

"What's going on!?" I can hear my dad yell from his room.