A pang of hurt rushes through me, but I ignore it. I won't make this about me, besides I understand his point even though him staying awake probably wouldn't change a thing. You can't predict the exact moment danger might catch up on you, but this is simply how Harry copes when things get out of control.

Both of us begin throwing our clothes on, jumping and limping over the room as we collect our articles of clothing. As soon as we're done, we run out of his room, not caring someone might see us leaving it together. Everyone is too busy with focusing on the potential attack to notice anyway, so Harry and I just blend in the crowd of running men, making our way through the maze of bodies.

"You go and make sure the children are taken care of," Harry orders me firmly. "You know the procedure, I trust you with it."

The word 'trust' inflicts a positive feeling inside me and I decide not to protest since I know it wouldn't be smart, even though I would be more at ease if I knew what's going on and could be a part of it. I nod and as soon as I leave the building, I run toward the children's building, avoiding bumping into soldiers running in different directions. I enter the building, immediately going toward the staircase leading toward the safe rooms in the basement, using walls for support as I take sharp turns. When I arrive, I see two soldiers block my path, stern expressions on their faces.

"Have all the kids been sent into the safe rooms?" I demand.

"What's it to you?" One of them asks, doing a once over.

"I have direct orders from H to make sure all the children are safe," I say firmly. "Now you either move aside or I'll make you move."

They exchange looks and reluctantly step aside, my body pushing between theirs, beginning to descend the stairs hastily. I curse myself for not having any weapons with me, well, except my pocket knife I never ever leave behind.

There are a few soldiers roaming the hallways, stopping to look at me and give me report when I ask them, letting me know all the children are safely locked. As someone who had to grow up at the time when the war had been worse than it is now, I know very well how scared a child is when something like this happens. Especially when you have no idea what type of danger is out there or if you're going to survive. It's horrible having these thoughts when you're only seven years old.

"Lenny, I'm scared," Alex whimpered as he scooted into the corner of a dark cold room, shrinking slightly to make himself even smaller as he brought his knees to his chest, his brown eyes big and filled with terror.

A lot of screaming, terrifying explosions, and loud gunshots could be heard from the outside, something we had got used to by now. At least, I had, it didn't scare me as much as it had before. Mean people in ugly brown uniforms would come and yell at us to stay here whenever it happened. I wanted to help, but I couldn't leave my brother. He always cried in these situations and I didn't like it.

I put my arm protectively around his shoulders, smiling and hoping it didn't look fake. "Remember what mummy told us. Think about bunnies, fluffy ones, with big long ears."

He sniffled and wiped away his tears, his eyes glossy. "Okay." He closed his eyes.

It had to he this day. Out of all days, it had to be this one, the one that was supposed to be happy. I was angry and I wanted to scream, but I didn't want to scare Alex more. I didn't cry. I would never cry. Daddy made me promise I will be brave and strong and I never break my promises.

Whenever a harsh blow from the above would come, Alex would wince in fear and I would only hold him tighter. I promised mummy and daddy I will take care of him forever, and I won't laugh at his reaction when he sees blood.