Hope: Epilogue

Hopes POV

Ever since my parents drove up, everything was just a faint memory. I looked at their faces and just started crying. I thought I wouldn't see those faces again. Ever since... never mind. When my parents drove up there was nothing but tears and hugs. After we calmed down a bit we got in the car I put my phone in the charger. Once it was alive I immediately made a group chat named 'the girls who lived' which I thought was pretty awesome.

-~-~-~-~

When I got home I saw every scrapbook my mom did of my life in one stack next to the couch in the living  room. I went over and saw a picture of me and my sister and remembered about my broken picture. I brought out and saw my mom looking at me with a tear streaming down her eye. She slowly came over and hugged me. "We probably should have told you this but..." she choked back, she was in the verge of tears. "But she didn't die the way we told you". I automatically started bursting out In tears. This can't be. I've been living a lie, my sister didn't die the way I was told and my parents lied to my face about it. But I can't put this on my parents, not now at least. I mean I just escaped from a psycho. I bursted out in tears at the thought. They could've lost me too. My mom suddenly continued, "that day when you went to school and she stayed in sick, I stranger came up to the door. He came barging in and saw your sister and took her. He was at the door by the time your father was stopping him. In the struggle to get your sister back he had shot her." At those words i cried more than ever. "But why, why did he come, why us!" I almost screamed. My mom stared into my eyes. "Because we happened to be the ones he chose. He was a guy who lost his wife to his daughter. I believe they were in a forest or something. He wanted someone to know how it felt. How it is to have something be taken away. "Well now it is" I said wiping away tears. "Thank you for telling me the truth now, I almost got really mad at you for not telling but..... you almost lost me." I said almost in a whisper. We spent at least 5 minutes cuddling together letting all the tears go. Than my phone dinged.

-~-~-~-~-~

  After I had sent a text message to the group chat they had Both texted back with hearts and said 'love you guys'. After that I felt a lot more better. It's just I don't really want to tell them. They didn't even know how she died anyway. When we were at the store earlier today we bought another picture  frame. I took it out and put the picture inside. I heard a small gentile voice come in my room. It was my mom and dad together. They came up to me with sympathy on their faces. "Turns out the girl you were with in the forest, oh what was it? Oh! Kaitlyn..." my dad trailed off and hid his face under his hands. My mom continued what he was saying, "her dad killed your sister.". I was feeling complete shock.

-~ 5 months ~-

I ran into the school to hear the bell ring just in time. I saw Elizabeth at her locker still. I went to my locker and put everything away and got my stuff. Before I headed to class I went over to Elizabeth. She shut her locker and than saw me. "What were you doing?" I asked her. "Just looking at pictures" she said. She looked kinda sad but not as much to make me bug her about her life. We were walking down to home room when I started a conversation about Michael. "So how has Michael been" I said. "Shut up" she told me while smiling and blushing. We reached the classroom and went in.

-~-~-~-~

I was so bored, I returned to my science teacher again. The one who can't count, I mean how can you not see 3 people missing? I dozed off, I was thinking about how out lives are so much more different now. How our lives changed in a heart beat at that one trip. Is it bad I haven't told them about my sister yet, it has been 5 months and I haven't told them. Maybe at lunch today, but I might not have the nerves to. Maybe we all need to catch up on each other.

-~-~-~-~

It was finally lunch time and my stomach was full of jittery butterflies. I say down where they were and everything was quiet. I cracked amended the pressure of my mind and blurted out " Faith, her name was faith". They looked at me surprised. " my mom told me the way I had known how she died was a lie. Kaitlin's dad killed her, he wanted to make someone know how it feels like to loose someone you love." One single tear strolled down my face. I was so close to legit not crying at all in any type of way. They were surprised I could tell. Because it seemed like a minute since I had told them, but it had been 5. "Wow, that is just wow" Amanda said. Elizabeth looked troubled. She had been acting a little weird lately. But that just might be me. I've had a lot of memory problems and brain problems ever since my head injury in the Woods. I heard a voice that broke my daze, it was Elizabeth. "I need to talk to you guys too".

❤️❤️❤️

Thanks for reading guys, I'm going to really miss writing this book, even though it might be the end it doesn't mean we can't fit in more surprising things, so keep reading. Vote and comment what you think. Thank you so much guys.