I Wouldn't Do That If I Were You!

Amanda POV

I walked into Mr. Herberling's class after picking up my dropped books. "Um...excuse me?" He looked up from his paperwork to look at me.

"Oh, hi Amanda, what brings you to my classroom?" he asked me.

"Hi, Mr. Heberling, I had some questions concerning the field trip tomorrow."

" Oh, of course! Please take a seat,"He replied, gesturing to the desk in front of him. I quickly sat down and he continued. " So, how can I be of assistance?" He asked, closing his laptop.

"Well... I'm just not very happy with the group I was put into." He nodded his head as if urging me to explain why. " You see, the people in the group with me are...we aren't...we don't..." He gave me a confused look. "We just don't get along very well." I finally spit out.

"Oh, I see..." he replied after taking a while to think about it. "Well since you asked...I guess I will have no choice but to put you in a different group." I lit up,

"Really?!"

"Is what I would say if I could do that, but I can't." I looked at him in disbelief, "Listen, I really wish I could help you but these groups had been chosen randomly. There is absolutely no way to change your group." I sank back in my seat and sighed. " Now, if you'll excuse me I have a big field trip tomorrow and I must get the necessary work done." he got up and looked at me, "I suggest you figure out a way to fix your problem." he motioned to the door and I slowly got up, gathering my things.

" Thanks anyway Mr. Heberling." I said turning back. He gave me a small smile and closed the door behind me. Well that didn't do anything. I thought to myself. Maybe tomorrow won't be as bad as I think it will be

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next morning I slowly got out of bed and got ready. The bus came and I got on. I had barely gotten any sleep! The entire night I kept thinking about today and it finally came. When I had gotten home last night, after my friend Kendall had dropped me off, I made my one backpack that I was gonna take on the field trip. I only packed the essentials: ear buds, my phone, my ukulele, some paint brushes and water colors, a stick of deodorant, and a bag of snacks. That didn't take me very long to fill, I would have taken more too, if I hadn't run out of space. I didn't get to take my flute or my books or even my sharpies! I had brought most of the stuff so I could avoid talking to the people in my group.

~~~~~~~~~~

We got to school and everyone unloaded. I was always the last one to get off the bus because I always thanked my bus driver before got off. Today, we would have to go to science so we could start loading the bus. I walked into the school ready for what was to come, or at least I thought I was.
I made my way to my locker and found a sticky note, It said ' I wouldn't do that if I were you! ~Elizabeth' ugh! what on earth could she have done? I slowly opened my locker and all at once tons of tennis balls came pouring out of it. On the inside was another sticky note that said 'told ya'. By that time I was fuming! I stomped to the science classroom and opened the door. Inside was our entire class talking about the field trip. I looked over to the corner and saw Elizabeth and her friends laughing at me. Before I could run over there and shut them up, Mr. Heberling walked in.

"Okay everyone, settle down. Please get in your assigned groups so we can get a head count." I looked over to where Elizabeth was and all she did was give me a smug smile. I rolled my eyes and moved towards a clump of desks where Hope was sitting and stood, trying to avoid eye contact. Elizabeth walked over to the desks and sat on top of them. She looked at me and then down at my clothes, made a face, and looked away. I tired to ignore her and looked down at Hope who was studying her hands, clearly trying to escape awkward conversations like us too. Mr. Heberling finished counting us and told us we were ready to start loading the bus. I stood up slowly and looked at my group, this is gonna be a long trip, I thought, then sighed, moving towards the door.

~~~~~~~~~~
Thank you so much for reading! It means a lot! Please make my day by voting and commenting.😊😍