Lock Down

Amanda POV

Katlyn had taken us to an old shed, we had been chased by Annie from the pond. I could tell that Annie didn't want to do it because after she had led us to then shed, she fled into the woods. Unfortunately, Katlyn was right behind her, so we didn't get a chance to run the other direction. She led us inside, Liz (carrying an unconscious Hope), then me.

She closed the door behind us and locked it. I looked around at my surroundings and noticed all the weapons that we could use. Immediately, my brain started plotting our escape, but before I could turn to Liz and explain anything, Katlyn started moving towards us. She grabbed at Elizabeth's arm and made her drop Hope. She then grabbed an old candlestick from the floor and knelt down holding it above Hope's head. I tried to run at Hope but Liz held be back. "What do you want from us, Katlyn?" Elizabeth said slowly, quietly, as if not to wake up Hope. I stared at Hope's limp body and wanted to cry. I hadn't known these girls very well before but now that we've been through so much together...it felt like we'd been friends for years. Elizabeth looked at Katlyn, trying to figure out what she wanted. Katlyn shifted uncomfortably under her gaze but still threatened to hit Hope.

"I want friends who won't leave me."  Elizabeth rolled her at Katlyn's response. Katlyn noticed this response and lifted the candlestick a little further up. Fear flashed in Elizabeth's eyes, but was quickly replaced with anger. She looked like she was about to charge at Katlyn so it was my turn to hold her back. I looked down and noticed that Hope was starting to wake up. She started to open her eyes and move her head slightly to take in her surroundings. Fear took over Katlyn and she jumped back, dropping the candlestick. It fell straight on Hope's forehead. Katlyn stood up and walked back slowly, looking down at Hope. The horror in her eyes almost made me feel bad for her...almost.

I ran to Hope, cradling her head in my hands. Blood dripped down her forehead. "Don't just stand there! Help us!" I yelled up to Katlyn in tears. Elizabeth was now down on her hands and knees. Katlyn just stood with wide, solemn, yet unblinking blank eyes. Liz ripped some fabric from underneath some knives that were laid down neatly on a table. She ripped the fabric in half then held one half under a rapidly dripping crack in the ceiling. She gave me the wet one to wipe the blood from Hope's head. The frail girl on the floor cried in pain, I cried because... she's my friend. Katlyn ran out and slammed the door behind her. I held the wet rag onto Hope's head, shocked. Liz rushed to the door furiously, she banged her fists on the door, "Let us out, Katlyn! Now!" I stared down at Hope's face. She was really pale and her eyes were droopy.

Liz continued banging on the door, shouting loudly at Katlyn. She kept banging until her hits were small and soft, she eventually stopped with one fist on the door. Liz turned around and let her back slide down the door until she was sitting on the floor. She buried her face in her hands. I heard a frustrated groan, Liz hit the door and shook the entire shed. Debris fell from the ceiling. I shielded Hope's face from the falling dust and dirt. "Sorry." Elizabeth said, her eyes trained the ground.

"It's okay," I said in a small voice. I continued wiping Hope's forehead. The blood kept coming, the rag was now almost completely covered in blood. I sighed and reached to the cloth we had gotten the rag from but as I reached for it, Hope awoke. She was coughing, I held her head in my lap as Liz ran from her spot to help Hope, almost slipping and falling. Hope tried to get up but I held her down. I didn't want her getting dizzy. Liz slid in beside me and she grabbed Hope's hand.

"Lay down, don't get up." Elizabeth said softly, squeezing Hope's hand. Hope groaned in pain and my heart shattered. I quickly got the other half of the cloth, ripping it out from underneath the knives and placing under the dripping water. I took the rag and pressed it gently on Hope's forehead. She cringed, her eyes closing tightly and I flinched for a slight second, hesitating, before placing it on her head once again.

"Sorry," I said, lightly dabbing the cloth. "I just don't want it to get infected." She nodded and tried not to show signs of discomfort but I could tell her teeth were clenched. I internally smiled at her bravery and looked over at Liz. She just simply rolled her eyes, a small smile escaped onto her lips.

After about thirty minutes or so of holding the cloth in place, the bleeding stopped. Liz and I helped Hope sit up, letting her sit on a nearby wall. Liz and I found some old chairs and placed them in front of Hope. The moment Liz sat down, dust flew around her. The cloud circled her and it wasn't soon before she started coughing. I found myself smiling widely, Hope was giggling, trying to conceal it by placing her hand on her mouth and looking down at the ground, but doing a horrible job. Liz scowled at Hope and I, I could see her face turning a slight shade of red.

I started to laugh as I went to sit down. This time, the moment I sat down, the chair broke underneath me, leaving me sticking out of the middle of the chair. Hope cracked up laughing, Liz did as well. Liz was laughing so hard that she clutched her stomach and even fell out of her chair. I rolled my eyes and tried pulling myself out. I was almost out when my hand slipped and I fell back down. This only made Liz's, hyena like laughter, much harder. I sent her a death glare and wiggled my way out of the chair. By the time I had gotten out, their laughter had died down and they were only chuckling now. I pushed the chair away and sat on the floor with my arms folded.

Liz went up beside me and placed her hand on my shoulder. "Sorry bro" She chuckled, "Karma is a b-" She didn't get a chance to finish her sentence, because the door started rattling.

~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you soooo much for reading this chapter! I know I know, i've been slacking but I just got my laptop fixed, so I finished writing the chapter. I would like to thank you all for being so patient with me and with the book. I wanted to say, i'm sorry, for being so late with this, and I hope you can forgive me.

Thanks, again for reading, and I hope you liked it. I'll see you guys next time, and I hope you all have a great summer.

Love you! -Gisi