Will We Ever Escape?

Elizabeth POV

"Karma is a b-" I was cut off when the door started rattling.
We all whipped our heads around to look at the door. I frantically looked around and then got an idea when my eyes landed on an axe. I smirked and took it off of it's place on the wall. I whispered to them, "I have an idea."
"Then say it!" Amanda snapped at me, giving me a double take, "I see..."
She also grabbed an axe. I picked up a bunch of knives, sticking them into my coat and pant pockets. Amanda did the same, helping Hope get her stuff incase. I heard yelps from the other side of the door. Annie! I jiggled the door knob, but it was locked. I turned back around, causing my now short hair to fly into my face, "We have to get out."
"Will we ever escape....for real?" Hope whimpered.
Amanda look at her with sympathy and fear, "Of course we will. We are one. We will survive this together as friends!"
I gasped, "Is that really what you think of us? As friends?"
Amamda looked down, suddenly shy, "Yes. I trust you guys now. We aren't the enemies as we once were. I think the lord did this for a reason, to give us friendship. Friends that aren't fake, aren't selfish, and aren't normal. I think of you as my friends, if that's okay."
"I think of you guys as friends too," Hope smiled.
I nodded and grinned, "Me too. Best friends even!"
We all hugged. I swear I was on the brig of tears! These wonderful, smart, trustworthy, awesome people actually think of me as a friend. Nobody has actually been a real friend to me. "We have to go. Behind that door is Annie. We could peel back some of the boards in the back of the shed, not enough to notice, but large enough to fit through. Does that sound like a plan?" I explained.
"Yes. I think we might make it this time, Liz. I have a good feeling," Hope lit up.
She selfconsiously gripped a small cross necklace that was black and had a small circle that read, 'BFF'. She reached into her bag and pulled out two more that were identical to hers, but were silver and gold. "I've been waiting to give these to true friends for a while now. I realize that we've been enemies before, but I beleive that we are the best of friends now. I want each of you to have these," She said, holding them out for us to take one.
I picked up the one that was gold, Amanda got the silver one. "Thank you..." I murmered.
"Yea...thanks," Manda said putting hers on.
I put mine on as well. BFF...wow. "We should fill our water bottles, put more weapons in our bag, and get outta here," Amanda returned to our escape plan, motioning to the back of the shed with her thumb.
I nodded and brushed past them to the back corner of the dusty shed.

I looked at the wood, seeing a board rotting away. I quietly put the axe and peeled back the the old board. I splintered and broke away. I chopped the one down beside it. The hole looked big enough for me and Amanda to fit through. I looked back to them, "I'll make sure everything is clear amd then come back to get you two."
They nodded, gathering our now filled water bottles. I took a large knife out of my jacket and crawled through the hole. I got up and peered around the corner of the building. We wasted so much time in there, that it's dark outside. The clouds closest to the setting sun still glowed with the sun's light. The outter rim was lined in silver. I didn't see or hear Katlyn at all, but I could hear Annie still scratching at the door. I went back to the hole and waved them out. They threw the backpacks out first and then crawled out. I put my index finger up to my mouth, telling them to be quiet, even though they probably already knew. We began to walk away from the shed. Hopefully leaving that phsyco behind for good.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for reading! Please vote and share!
We finally creatied an instagram account! (Read the MAJOR Announcement for more details)

~Hannah
hb_leo