L - Eternity.

"Mere bina main jeene laga Hun.
Teri hawaon main behne laga Hun.
Pehle se zada Tera hua Hun.
Mujhe to lagta Hai shayad main
Tere Dil ki Dua Hun."

[Without myself, I am living,
In your winds, I am sailing,

I don't know how, 
I have become yours,
I feel I'm a wish of your heart only.]

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

••| Chapter 50 |••

[Alternate ending.]

Playlist: Matae Jaan Hai Tu - Bilal Khan.

Aryan:

My Dear Ena did not wait for me. My last words to her was my love to her and she reciprocated the same in her last words. I saw her parents crying bitterly. I closed my eyes and slumped down on the floor. I could feel everything stopping in front of my eyes. Suddenly something caught my attention. A tiny little figure with a scarf wrapped around her head was standing on a prayer mat and her hands were clasped together. The tears were freely flowing down her soft and chubby cheeks. Her hands were in front of her face and she was mumbling something to her God while crying. She was asking for something. And that tiny little girl was none other than Annie.

"Dr. Aryan!" I heard several people shouting my name all at once. I looked back and forth between them and Annie. Something about Annie was telling me to keep looking at her or even join her. I stalked towards Annie pushing aside everything staring at her like she was the last remaining creature on the planet Earth.

"Dr. Aryan!" Sumit came running to me, panting heavily. I pushed him aside and kept moving towards Annie unknowingly.

"Dr. Aryan, listen to me!" Sumit shook my shoulders. I ignored him and kept walking towards Annie. When I was close enough to Annie, I heard her mumbling sincerely to God.

"Oh God Almighty, Please make Ena Aunty alright. Please God. Please. Please I will do anything for you but please make her alright. Please God." She begged. You don't expect a four year old to be this sensible.

Sumit patted my shoulders once again. He nearly cried out.  "Dr. Aryan, please come with me. Dr. Khanna is calling you. It's very serious. It's related to Dr. Eleana!"

Hearing her name, I snapped my head back at him.

"What did you just say?" I asked him as he looked freaked out under my scrutinising gaze.

"Dr. Aryan. Dr Khanna is calling you. He wants to talk to you about Dr. Eleana. She survived." He spoke emphasizing on every word.

When I processed his words, I looked stunned back and forth between him and Annie, who was continuously muttering prayers under her breath and her tiny tears were rolling down her cheeks. I stared between them for a while before finally running towards Annie, breaking away all the chains. I picked her up in my arms and hugged her tightly as tears rolled down my cheeks. I kissed her cheeks and her eyes repeatedly. She was a little angel for me.

"Thankyou Annie. Thankyou so much for returning my life." I told her before putting her down and running towards the operation theatre again. I only stopped at the door, panting heavily.

"Dr. Aryan! Something extra ordinary has happened today. My knowledge of medical and science told me that she was no more but a power greater than all of us had different plans. It is beyond the power and knowledge of a man. Indeed, it is a miracle." He  beamed at me before patting my shoulder and pushing me forward towards Eleana. I looked back and forth between the cardio machine and her. The amplitude and the vibrating waves were back. Although they were of very small amplitude but they were back and that was what I wanted. I saw a miracle happening right in front of my eyes. My Eleana was a miracle from the very beginning, from her birth till today, she was a living miracle in front of my eyes. She was a miracle and that was why she miraculously worked her way through my heart and locked herself inside permanently. She was a miracle because none except her appealed me. She was a miracle because I told her everything which I even couldn't tell myself. She was a miracle because she fell in love with me. She was a miracle because she was miraculously beautiful. She was a miracle because she came back from her death. She fought very bravely till the last particle of her being was sucked out. She still fought when there was no strength left inside her and that's why she was a miracle. She was an angel, my angel who fell in love with me. When the doctors declared her dead, her heart started beating after exactly 5 minutes. These 5 minutes, in which I felt everything what it felt to be like without her, seemed like a lifetime. They were the worst moments of my life. I went towards her and clasped my hand in hers filling the vacant spaces between her fingers. I kissed her face and her forehead repeatedly. She was sleeping peacefully with a breathing nostril tube. She looked at her beautiful best. I cried tears of happiness beside her and thanked her for fighting for me. I thanked her for not giving up on me and on us. She was meant to be mine and I won't let her go anywhere now. I would keep her with me every second of my life even if that meant locking up my little angel in my house because I was not letting her escape now. I had won her back with a lot of difficulty. She was my most prized possession. She was my diamond. I instructed the assistant doctors and nurses to shift her back to her room and I came out of the operation theatre. Everybody was waiting for me to say something. I was unable to speak. I was overwhelmed. I had felt every emotion known to man in those ten to fifteen minutes.