I - Welcome to the World.

"Look at the stars. Look how they shine for you."

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

••| Chapter 1 |••

On a very bright morning, the sun was shining in its full glory, giving a message of hope to the whole of the mankind, surrounded by the fluffy cotton clouds in the bright blue sky. The birds were chirping in their melodious voices and cool breeze was blowing giving an atmospheric effect to the surroundings.

Despite the pleasant weather, two ladies were there where they were supposed to be. Where every woman was supposed to be. Where else? At the shopping mall! Mrs. Aena Sahir Khan and Mrs. Anushka Virat Kapoor, best friends from childhood, were shopping their hearts out as their husbands gave them all the liberty to shop to their heart's content.

Where else did you expect women to be on their day out?

Happily married to the loves of their lives, they were busy in shopping for their little ones who would be arriving in this world in a few months. Their husbands, Mr. Virat Kapoor and Mr Sahir Khan were following their ladies with a frown on their faces.

Men and Shopping? Just never fit together.

Aena and Anushka both had been best friends since their middle school. They got married with a week's gap as they wanted to be there and enjoy their best friend's big day and now they were expecting their first children together. Life did funny things to you.

They both were wandering around the clothing sections of different shops, going from one to another. The mall was huge and had most of the baby items they needed.

"Aena look at this!! This is so cute. I'm gonna buy it for my little one!" Anushka exclaimed excitedly grabbing Aena's attention towards a cute pink princess frock.

"I had my eye on this! Why do always have to choose the one that I want?" Aena replied with a frown on her face. She had a vague idea that she would have a baby boy but she was not completely sure about that so most of the items that she bought were uni-sex.

"Aena! I know you look really cute while making this puppy face and it works on Sahir everytime. But still I'm not gonna let you buy this. And besides, you're gonna have a boy. This frock won't suit him." Anushka responded with a giggle.

"How are you so sure about that?" Aena asked, furrowing her eyebrows at her best friend.

"I'm always right! Just wait and watch." Anushka waved her off confidently and placed the frock on the counter along with other items. They shopped all day taking full advantage of the day out.

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

5 months later.

Virat:

I was watching Pakistan versus India cricket match on the LCD in the living room when I heard Anushka groaning from the other room. I quickly ran towards the room to see if everything was alright.

"What happened huh?" I asked her in a worried tone as she slumped down on the wooden floor, clutching onto her stomach.

"My water broke. Just take me to the hospital already. The pain is unbearable." She yelped in severe pain.

I quickly put all the necessary stuff in a bag and carried Anushka all the way to the car, muttering curses under my breath.

Sahir:

I was never a morning person. As always, I was lying on my huge king sized bed when I heard my wife calling my name as if she was in severe pain. Without even thinking for a second, I went downstairs. I saw her leaning against the kitchen shelf. I needed to do things quickly. I quickly helped her get up and carried her to my Mercedes and sped off towards the Angels Hospital in neighbourhood, muttering prayers on the way.

"What are you doing here Virat?" I asked him,surprised, as I saw him walking back and forth in the corridor of the ward.

"My wife is in labour room so you wouldn't expect me to sit at home or sleep." He replied raising his eyebrows but the stress could be seen clearly on his face.

"Holy Shit! Even my wife is!"

Some best friends they were.

A nurse came out of the room just then. "Umm, Sir who's Mr Virat Kapoor here?" She asked beaming with happiness.

"Me! Tell me what's the news?"
He said approaching her and getting all excited.

"Congratulations Sir, You have been blessed with a beautiful baby girl."

"Sister! That's the best news ever." He replied calming down a bit and now his eyes were shining. I went towards him, hugged him and congratulated him.

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

We were still sitting at the benches outside. Virat had been kind enough to stay with me there. The same nurse came back after a while.

"Can I talk to Mr. Sahir Khan here?"

"Yeah, Tell me what's the matter?" I asked her as I walked to her.

"Sir you've been blessed with a baby boy but your wife's condition is not stable." She said those words and left me dumbfounded. I absolutely had no idea what was going on.

"What happened to her?" I asked her worriedly.

"I guess that there was some complication in her case. She was late."

The doctors had shifted her to another room and were done with the check up. Without thinking for another second, I ran towards her room. She was still unconscious due to the operation. There were some complications because of which the delivery was not normal instead she had undergone an operation.

What If I lose her? No this can't be happening. I can't bring up a child on my own. I need her the most. Our baby needs her. God save her.

I mentally prayed as a tear rolled down my cheek. Virat came towards me and hugged me.

"Don't worry Sahir. She'll be alright. She's one strong woman!"

"I hope so!" I sighed.

Another two hours passed. I was holding my child in my arms protectively and staring at the door of the room where the doctors were examining her. The doors opened and I raised my head as a reflex.

"Mr Sahir, your wife is safe now! You can see her." The nurse informed. I let out a sigh of relief and kissed my baby. Virat and I went inside the room where both of our better halves were and they were talking to each other with tears in their eyes. Tears of happiness!

"See I told ya! Aena you're gonna have a baby boy!" Anushka teased her with a wide grin. She was much better now.

Here we were worrying about their lives and they are cracking jokes inside.

"You're a genius." Aena exclaimed, rolling her eyes at Anushka as I handed our baby to her and he comfortably snuggled closer to her chest seeking for the warmth and his mother's love. I sat beside her on the bed, holding her free hand in mine and squeezed it. She was beaming at me and I felt like the happiest man alive on the planet. We were officially parents. I placed a gentle kiss on her forehead as I took the baby from her hold. There were smiles on everyone's faces.

"We're gonna name my little cute thing as Aryan." Aena exclaimed excitedly.

"Aryan Sahir Khan!" I corrected her with a wink.

"And we're Gonna name her, Eleana, Eleana Virat Kapoor!" Anushka declared proudly before Virat could say that.

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸