XXXVI - Haldi and Revelations.

"Tumhai Dil lagi bhool jani pare gi.
Mohabbat ki rahon main aa kar to dekho."

[You will have to forget all about infatuation
Try embarking upon on the journey of love!]

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

••| Chapter 36 |••

Eleana:

I woke up early in the morning excited like anything. It was Haldi ceremony in a few hours. We were sharing a single room with a number of vanity tables. We girls decided to let us have some privacy from the guys so we just divided the room into two parts by a curtain. One for the girls and one for the boys. The boys included Kabir, Ricky, Obi and Aryan. The girls included Alia, Geet and I. We were at Kabir's side for the wedding. Varun, Shraddha, Ashar, Khirad, Annie and Maya were at Naina's side.

So we began to get ready for the function. It was a combined function. Naina had chosen all my dresses as I didn't have time to buy any. I took out the dress from the wardrobe cupboard. It was a beautiful dress. I would have to thank Naina for this. It consisted of a shimmery gold shirt with small beads all over that and a maroon skirt that had a large flare. I paired it with golden flats. I was not in a mood to wear heels today. I got tired so easily. I wore my matching golden and maroon earrings and applied a little bit of makeup. I wore my bangles. Alia and Geet did my hair and I was ready.

I sat there for a while watching Alia and Geet get ready

I sat there for a while watching Alia and Geet get ready. Both of them wore pretty colourful sarees. We removed the curtain and the boys looked ready too. Kabir was wearing a simple white coloured Kurta [Long shirt for men.] with his hair spiked up. Ricky, Obi and Aryan wore different coloured Kurtas. Aryan wore an white one with a yellow chunri [scarf] over that. He looked handsome as always. Kabir asked the girls to go first and he would come later with the guys. As we made our way out of the room, I felt self conscious under the scrutinising gaze of a certain someone. The skirt was very long and it stuck in my sandals time and again. I was thankful that I didn't wear any heels otherwise I might have fallen down till now. We went outside in the garden where the Haldi ceremony was to take place and observed the decorations. Alia, Geet and I captured each other's pictures in the meanwhile. The place was beautifully decorated with colourful drapes. The flowers were hung in strings that were hung from the terrace. A love seat was made for the bride on one side and the groom on the other side opposite to that. Everything looked so colourful and jolly. A little while later, Naina arrived with her cousins, Shraddha, Annie, Khirad, Ashar and Varun. Ashar and Varun went to the boys after asking about them whereas we girls stayed there. Naina was dressed beautifully and aptly according to the occasion. She wore a yellow coloured ghagra [a long skirt] with pink coloured blouse and a yellow net duppata [scarf] on her shoulders. She was not wearing any makeup. She had left her hair open. Shraddha and Khirad were wearing Ghagra Cholis [Traditional dress for women] and little Annie was wearing full Punjabi dress with a yellow coloured short shirt, pink coloured patiala [trouser] and a green duppata [scarf] placed on her neck. She looked so adorable. Her her was open and she was wearing a tiny bindi on her forehead. I took a selfie with her as we both pouted. After that, Naina was made to sit on her love seat and the henna artist applied henna on her arms, hands and feet. After that she made intricate designs on our hands and feet.