XVIII - Mehendi Night.

"Ab to na hota hai ki Roz intezar, Soniye. Aaj nahi to Kal tujhko to Meri honi Rey. Tenu le ke main jawan ga. Dil de ke main jawan ga."
[Now, I can't wait for a single day, my love. Either today or tomorrow, you are going to be mine. I am here to take you with me and to give you my heart.]

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

••| Chapter 18 |••

Playlist: Ashiq Surrender Hua - Badrinath ki Dulhaniya.

Eleana:

Today was the Mehendi Night. [The first function in wedding similar to Sangeet or musical night in Indian wedding] We were all geared up. It had made us all very very excited because we were experiencing such a grand big fat wedding for the first time and that too of someone very close to us. Aryan, Varun, Shraddha, I and Obi were on Ashar's side while Kabir, Naina, Ricky, Alia and Maya were on Khirad's side but that didn't mean we weren't on Khirad's side. We were the Jack of the wedding. Wherever there were more benefits, we shifted our sides. So, I was preparing for the Mehendi Function. I decided to go with a Royal blue lehenga [A skirt with huge flare] and blouse with golden detailing. The duppata [Scarf] was of same colour.I wore a big gold necklace over that. I let my hair lose with the natural bouncy curls at the ends and applied some make up. I slipped into my heels and I was almost ready. I just needed some last minute touch ups. While I was waiting for everyone to get ready, Aryan texted me to come out to the terrace. I went there and he looked at me in awe which made me blush more and more.

"You never fail to amaze me Darling!" He whispered like the wind. 

"Why did you call me here?" I asked instead.

"Way to take a compliment. Such a naive girlfriend I have, Man." He replied sarcastically.

I looked towards the multi coloured fairy lights dangling on the strings from the terrace.

"I called you here just to see you!" He said.

He took out his cell phone. "Stand still!" He ordered. He captured a picture of mine. His sweet little gestures made me blush too much. He was behaving like a typical boyfriend.

I took my time and checked him out too. We were almost matching. While my dress was Royal blue, he was wearing a Blue Kurta with White churidaar trousers paired with a Kaula Puri sandals.

I went back after some time and all girls were ready by then, including Khirad. Khirad looked so beautiful in her multicoloured dress in which yellow colour was the most prominent suitable for Mehendi Function. She had a purple duppata [Scarf] set on her head with a bindi. Her blouse was a shimmery mixture of purple, gold and orange while the skirt was orange adorned with different coloured laces at the bottom. She wore multi coloured bangles which were enhancing the beauty of the henna on her wrists.